Why is math everything
Why math is (almost) everything
As an applied mathematician, I see mathematics first and foremost as a practical tool to understand our complex world. Mathematical models can be useful in everyday situations and do not have to contain hundreds of boring equations or lines of computer code. Mathematics, reduced to the essentials, are patterns.
In this book we will see that mathematics has something important to say on many subjects. Instead of just pointing out where math can pop up everywhere, I'll equip you with simple math rules and tools that can be useful in everyday life, whether it's about getting the best seat on the train or keeping one cool Keep your head if your doctor gives you an unexpected test result.
I'll show you simple ways to avoid numerical errors, and we'll get our hands smeared with printer's ink when it comes to making the numbers behind the headlines transparent. We'll also take a closer look at the math behind personal genetic testing, and watch math in action when it comes to what can be done to stop the spread of a deadly disease.
As you have hopefully realized by now, this is not a math book. And it's not a book for mathematicians either. You won't find a single formula on these pages. The aim of the book is not to bring back memories of the math class in school that you may have given up many years ago. But on the contrary.
I firmly believe that math is for everyone and that we can all appreciate the wonderful math at the heart of the complex phenomena that surround us in everyday life.
- Helps assertiveness in crisis situations
- Did Vikings farm
- How do I remove wax from shoes
- How important is it to learn English
- Why does Android not support Java?
- How should I treat wrist tendinitis
- What is the charging current of the car battery
- Have you received a letter of membership from SBI?
- Who is the governor of Wisconsin
- Does a BTS member have a phobia?
- How do I approach a woman
- Why didn't democracy come about in Islam?
- Is multilevel inheritance good or bad
- Mike Krzyzewski is overrated
- How is wood fiber cloth made
- Which woods don't have very little grain
- Who buys sexy or nude pictures
- How do you solve algebraic expressions
- What are good workouts for old people
- What causes amnesia for anxiety
- Is Adel 17 drops safe to use
- How do I apply for GRE
- Think of yourself as a peacemaker
- Which is the best olive oil company