How do I update my Samsung Z1
Sony Xperia: Android updates for smartphones and tablets at a glance
Update policy for Sony Xperia at a glance
Netzwelt provides an overview of planned and available Android updates for smartphones and tablet PCs of the Sony Xperia series. The list is constantly updated. It also tells you how long you have to wait for Android updates from Sony.
What about updates on my Android device? Many users are concerned with this question. Because manufacturers are not always transparent about planned updates. Sony is a laudable exception here. Shortly after the announcement of a new Android version, the Japanese manufacturer announced which smartphones and tablets will update to the new Android.
- That's how long you have to wait for Android updates from Sony
- Xperia UI: Sony's user interface
- An Android update is planned or available for these Xperia models
- Sony: These smartphones are receiving security updates
In general, Sony provides its premium smartphones with Android updates for two years; the manufacturer does not want to commit to mid-range smartphones. If a new Android version does not run satisfactorily, the company reserves the right not to update it. The premium devices currently include the models of the Xperia 1 and Xperia 5 series, while the middle class is made up of the Xperia 10 models. Sony also supplied the older XZ series with updates, but how long remains to be seen. The discontinued model series Xperia X, Xperia M, Xperia E and Xperia Z will no longer receive updates. Even the entry-level devices in the L series usually go away empty-handed.
That's how long you have to wait for Android updates from Sony
In the past, Sony wasn't exactly one of the fastest manufacturers in terms of updates. As a rule, six months passed after Google released a new version of Android before the first Xperia smartphones in Germany received an update. With Android 10, users had to wait four months for the first update.
Google's mobile OS Android dominates the smartphone market. But users usually have to wait months for updates. Why is that? And why is it running faster at Apple? Netzwelt reveals it to you.
Xperia UI: Sony's user interface
Sony uses Android as the operating system, but covers it with the in-house Xperia UI. The Sony user interface extends Google's mobile phone OS with additional functions and applications. In terms of design, Sony is very much oriented towards the optics chosen by Google for Android. Sony equips its smartphones, for example, with a "game optimizer", which deactivates the notifications when a game is started and empties the RAM in order to be able to provide the required performance for games.
Since the displays of the latest smartphones are getting bigger and bigger and therefore difficult to operate with just one hand, Sony offers the "Side-Sense" feature. With a double tap on the side of the display, you can call up a pop-up menu, which offers you quick access to the programs last used, certain settings such as WiFi and Bluetooth as well as split-screen multitasking. It is pleasant that this pop-up is always called at the level of the double tip.
An Android update is planned or available for these Xperia models
This list includes all Android-based smartphones and tablet PCs from Sony and the Sony Ericsson joint venture, which has since been abandoned, in Germany. The list is constantly updated. Despite extensive research, the editorial team may have missed an update, an error has crept in or a device has simply been forgotten in the list. In this case, Netzwelt is grateful for tips in the comments.
All Android update timetables
To install an Android update on a Sony & Sony Ericsson device, follow the instructions in the linked tutorial. Is your smartphone or tablet no longer receiving an update? Do not despair. You can still root your device and install an alternative firmware based on a newer Android version. You can find out how to do this in our tutorial "How do I root my smartphone?".
If you are still undecided or need a new smartphone, you will find suitable smartphones for you in our guide "The best smartphones".
Sony: These smartphones are receiving security updates
Like other smartphone manufacturers, Sony releases two types of updates: version and security updates. Security patches usually do not contain any new features, but close security gaps in the operating system. Sony does not provide precise details of how often these updates will be released. As of June 2020, the following Sony smartphones are still receiving security updates:
- Sony XZ series: XZ2, XZ2 Compact, XZ2 Premium, XZ3
- Sony XA series: XA2, XA2 Ultra, XA2 Plus
- Sony Xperia L3
- Sony Xperia 8, 5, 1, 10, 10 Plus, Ace
Sony also has its own overview of smartphone security patches.
- Is the FH Aachen a good university?
- Donald Trump could beat Hillary Clinton
- Who makes an effective marketing campaign
- Can be called neem tree mahogany
- What are some sound insulation material
- You should use vitamin C serum daily
- What's good about Google Analytics
- How to download insta on Jio phone
- What is free jazz
- Why do so many people hate Bono
- When will TVS Zeppelin start?
- What factors determine a person's potential lifespan
- Which software solutions offer real-time ETL
- Depression makes friends you abandon
- How safe is Zerodha
- How many medical colleges started in 2019
- What are the main economic models
- Why are there bullies
- What's your Ruehrei recipe
- What is Noam Chomskey's email address
- Sasquatch lives in Staemmen
- How is the GATE Academy in Ahmedabad
- What is financial infidelity in a marriage
- Interest rate hikes will help the economy