What is rasgulla
A Classic East Indian Rasgulla Recipe 2021 - Todo web media
Indian desserts are taking on their very own identity, and this rasgulla recipe is no different. Rasgulla is basically soft, spongy pellets made from cottage cheese that are soaked in chilled sugar syrup. It melts in your mouth and makes a sweet treat that originated in East India. Ready to make your own rasgulla? Try this recipe out.
What you need
- 8 1/2 cups / 2 liters of whole milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of lime / lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons of flour
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of rose water (or a few strands of saffron)
How to do it
- Bring the milk to a boil over a medium flame. Stir it occasionally to make sure the milk doesn't burn. When the milk starts to boil, add the lime juice and mix well. When the curd becomes detached from the milk, turn it off and let the milk stand for 10 minutes to stop the clotting process.
- Strain the cheese and wash it well under running water. This will remove all of the lime juice from it.
- Now put the cheese in a cloth and hang it up for an hour to completely drain the liquid.
- Put the drained cheese in a mixing bowl and knead. Continue until all of the lumps are removed and the cheese is perfectly smooth. When this happens the cheese will start releasing its fat and your hands will feel greasy. The success of your rasgulla-making depends on how smooth you knead the cheese, so do your best!
- Now sprinkle the flour over the surface of the cheese and mix it thoroughly into the cheese.
- Mix sugar and water in a pressure cooker and bring to a boil (without covering the pressure cooker). Make sure the stove is big enough to hold the finished rasgullas as they double up in the syrup as they cook.
- While the sugar syrup is boiling, divide the dough into small marble-sized balls and roll between the palms of your hands until smooth.
- Carefully add the balls to the sugar syrup and cover the pressure cooker. Add the weight and wait for the first whistle. As soon as the first whistle sounds, wait another eight to ten minutes and then turn off the fire. Let the steam out of the pressure cooker and let the rasgullas cool completely before touching it. They will almost double their original size and get hot.
- When they are cool, pour the rose water or saffron syrup (by soaking the saffron threads in a little warm water) on the rasgullas and refrigerate them for a few hours before serving.
- What is the hierarchy of a charity
- Why does Cersei hate Robert
- Is dermadew shampoo good for the hair
- What shows up in a drug test
- How can I improve business process services
- Is the justice system sexist towards men?
- What are the different types of hematopoiesis
- What are keyword density and proximity
- How does running help in our life?
- What challenges do immortals face?
- What is forced vibration and resonance
- How will crypto currency funding affect media productions
- What do you know about Maruti cars
- Keyboards affect typing speed and accuracy
- Is cat grass safe for cats
- How does an SME loan work
- When did RNA Seq become so popular?
- Street art is illegal in India
- Who are the best painters in the Czech Republic
- What is a false facade
- What is the scope of the ionic framework
- What crime did Japan commit against China?
- Does caffeine affect blood sugar levels
- What should I say on excuse