How does the sleeping pill melatonin work
That's how important melatonin is to our sleep
Melatonin supplements can help in the short term to get a disturbed sleep rhythm and thus the internal clock back on track. While their sleep-promoting effects can be a blessing, there are a few important points to keep in mind. Otherwise you run the risk of unpleasant side effects.
- Because melatonin is a hormone, you should definitely discuss its intake with your doctor. This is extremely important, especially in the case of cancer.
- People react differently to the artificial intake of the hormone. Therefore, the dose must be determined individually and consistently adhered to.
- The active ingredient should only be taken for a short period of time.
In addition to their positive effect, melatonin tablets can sometimes also have undesirable side effects - for example, if the dose taken is too high. This includes:
- Drowsiness and lack of concentration
- Vivid dreams or nightmares
- Disturbed biorhythm
- Headache, dizziness, abdominal cramps
- Irritability and decreased libido
In addition to the possible side effects, the drugs can affect the way other drugs work. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should never take melatonin tablets. You also have to be careful who drives a car or operates machines. The wrong dose or the wrong time can cause sleep to become overwhelmed during the day.
- How does the human mind conjure up thoughts?
- Can blockchain save Brexit?
- What characterized the four Hokages in Naruto
- What is the best Blink 182 album
- What is the demonization of a currency
- Which gases are bad
- When was the Berlin Wall built?
- What is the name of a ship's compass
- Misandry is ubiquitous among American politicians
- What causes revolutions in history
- Could plants adapt to survive on helium?
- Advertising is easier than marketing
- What are composite doors made of
- What do you call someone who denies
- How should you place 7 1 speakers
- Do mole removal pens really work?
- How do travel agencies attract Chinese FIT
- Are there JAO contributions in TSTRANSCO
- The word water is plural and singular
- Why am I so intimidated by the silence
- How can people appreciate sculpture
- British singers sing in British English
- Are electronics cheaper in Turkey?
- What is a strand of hair lifespan