What are examples of non-renewable resources
Non-renewable raw material
Non-renewable raw materials are substances whose formation does not take place in human, but in geological or astronomical time periods. Any use of such raw materials that cannot be reversed through recycling contradicts the principle of ecological sustainability.
This includes all mineral raw materials, i.e. inorganic raw materials that occur naturally as part of the earth's crust or mantle. There are three groups of mineral raw materials.
Rocks / sediments
Rocks or sediments are e.g. clay, sand, gravel, graphite, asbestos and diamond. They are particularly important in terms of quantity in building construction and civil engineering.
Salts such as potash, phosphates or rock salt are often used in the food and chemical industries.
Metallic raw materials
Ores are the most important mineral raw materials. Iron, aluminum and steel (as a product of iron and steel refiners) form the basic raw materials in mechanical engineering, shipbuilding and automobile construction. Precious metals such as gold, silver or platinum are not only crucial for the jewelry industry, but together with copper, tin and semiconductors form the basis of the electrical industry and electronics. Energy is generated from uranium in nuclear power plants.
Fossil raw materials
Fossil raw materials are all raw materials derived from organic material. These include coal, oil and natural gas. They are used as fuel in power plants, vehicles and aircraft and as a starting material for the chemical industry.
Category: raw material
- Cats and dogs are deadly enemies
- How is the TCS ranking in 2018
- Was Erich Honecker a dictator
- Are there protons in a neutron star
- What is a public topic
- Everything in my life ended
- How do I bathe a wild cat
- What is the phylogenetic classification of bacteria
- Which LDL level is dangerous?
- Which cruise line had the best entertainment?
- What's going on when I study physics
- How do I stop being distracted
- Why is there no preposition
- Is maintenance taxable 1
- Barbarika was more powerful than Krishna
- What is your personality type 2
- Is Loyola Marymount University good for journalism
- How do I cook chicken breast
- Are gangs a problem in Austin
- Are there similarities between ADD and narcissism
- How does a cat die
- How good is Fitchburg State University
- What is the best tearful stuttering song
- Extroverted girls like quiet men