How do I become a parenting counselor
Further training to become a parent companion
The upbringing of children turns out to be extremely difficult and time-consuming. In addition to caring for the children in public and private institutions, the parents must also be supported in the sometimes arduous task. So-called parent companions appear here. They help families who need a great deal of support and practical help. Above all, they give advice and practical guidance on the children's educational path.
The aim of the accompaniment by a parent companion is the general strengthening of the family, which supports the children from an early stage of education and support. The further training to become a parent companion prepares all interested parties for the pedagogical-social profession.
Useful information about further training to become a parent companion
So-called parent companions work actively with both parents and children. They pursue the goal of actively supporting parents with regard to their upbringing and teaching their children's educational pathways. Together with the parents, they discuss the future educational pathways of the children and at the same time offer the legal guardians practical guidance and appropriate advice for this task. Parental guides work with local families as well as families with a migration background. Socially disadvantaged families or families not used to education also receive support from the trained specialists.
All parental guides ensure that the family is generally strengthened through the extensive care and becomes a central place for early education and support for their children. The activity of the parent companion is divided into providing educational support for the family, advising parents or those responsible for bringing up the child with regard to educational transitions and the educational system, as well as the general strengthening of parenting skills. Due to the extensive care of the parents, they should be able to give their children a good education at an early age. Equal social opportunities for the children taking care of them should also be increased so that social inequalities with regard to images disappear. The further training to become a parent companion is intended to impart the skills that those interested in the job need. This includes theoretical specialist and social knowledge. The extensive care provided by the parent companions should give parents a strong interest in their children's education and be able to offer them numerous educational opportunities.
For which professions is further training to become a parenting companion?
In general, further training to become a parenting companion is suitable for everyone from an educational or early childhood career. Even people from the therapeutic, social science or psychological field can easily carry out the training. Some providers of further education courses want their prospective customers to have professional experience in the areas of family or parenting education or to work in an institution with parenting or family-related offers and for family education. The advanced training courses are offered both full-time and part-time.
Structure and content of further training to become a parent companion
Depending on the training provider, the content of the training to become a parent guide may differ slightly. Nevertheless, the content can generally be divided into the areas of childhood education, case understanding and parenting, as well as the family as the central point of life. The area of education in childhood includes, among other things, the prerequisites for educational processes, everyday education, educational institutions and educational systems, and unequal educational opportunities. Case understanding and parenting, on the other hand, deal with the theory of advice and communication, effective parenting advice, the role and attitude of parenting guides and networked parenting work with self-marketing and networking among parenting guides. The area of the family includes the life situations and worlds of families, everyday upbringing and action-oriented assistance as well as child development and the parent-child relationship. Also possible as part of the further training are thematic focal points such as the collaboration between parents and professional specialists, the deepening of the latest findings regarding the importance of education during childhood and adolescence, as well as the promotion of educational and educational partnerships.
In general, there is the possibility of continuing education to become a parent companion full-time and part-time. Many providers usually allow you to attend an intensive course or a part-time course. The intensive courses can last three weeks and include around 190 teaching hours. The entire course times are divided into contact times in the course and a comprehensive self-learning phase. The course generally ends with a thesis or final exam.
Professional opportunities for a parent companion after further training
Qualified parental guides are usually employed by state institutions that are dedicated to looking after families. Well-trained professionals have a good chance of being employed by these public authorities. Parent companions are also needed more and more often in the area of family education. Among other things, parent companions are employed in family education centers, multi-generation houses, parent-child centers, after-school care centers and day-care centers.
Provider of further training to become a parent companion
- Parenting opportunity: Elternchance II offers the chance of further training to become a parent companion at numerous locations across Germany. Participation in the course is linked to a selection process, with the entire course costs being borne by the state. The training takes place as part of block courses.
- AKF Bonn: AKF Bonn enables all interested parties to train to become a parent companion within the framework of a total of three multi-day block appointments. Participation in the further training is free of charge for all interested parties.
- Parent Opportunity Consortium: The Elternchance consortium enables further training to become a parent companion at several locations in Germany. The training is divided into several modules, which are held within three block courses.
Related training opportunities via distance learning
As an alternative to continuing education to become a parent guide, distance learning in the area of parenting advice is an option. This is offered, among others, by the Institute for Integrative Learning Therapy and Further Education. Distance learning in the field of social pedagogy is also suitable for those interested in continuing education. In Austria, the Vitalakademie runs a corresponding distance learning course. In Germany, on the other hand, distance learning in social education is offered by the SGD and ILS.
Distance schools - our recommendations
- What is the best tax book
- What is the difference between draft and draft
- Can planes stay in the sky?
- How do I drink water in Japan
- When should I make an insurance claim?
- Are you secretly super attractive
- Do scientific researchers need financial support?
- Which speed offers the best fuel economy
- What is meant by IP class
- Mike Patton is popular in Italy
- How does Shikhsha com make a profit
- What is the phobia of the clowns
- Is Anuska Sharma an overrated actress
- What kind of milk do you prefer
- What makes Yankee Stadium American
- Why do you live on an island
- Can you help me with stripe
- Are the most famous people happy
- Have you ever helped flood affected people?
- Can run an Intel Core i3 Fortnite
- How should I treat wrist tendinitis
- Is feminism a theory
- How do I find a new product
- Why do most landlords not accept pets