How much does the iPad 2 weigh
iPad 2 receives dual-core processor
Apple boss Steve Jobs interrupted his illness-related break to personally present the second iPad generation at a press conference in San Francisco: Apple's new tablet retains the familiar display diagonal of 9.7 inches with a resolution of 1024 × 768 pixels, but loses it Weight and thickness. The tablet weighs 601 grams (WLAN version) or 613 grams (UMTS version) and is only 8.8 mm thick - the first iPad weighs 680 or 730 grams and is 13.4 mm thick. The dimensions change slightly, it now measures 18.6 cm × 24.1 cm - and thus a touch smaller than before.
The iPad 2 is powered by a double-core "Apple A5" chip with a clock rate of 1 GHz. According to Apple, this is twice as fast, but just as economical as the A4 in the first generation of the iPad. Graphics performance is reportedly nine times faster than before. Apple has not yet commented on the RAM.
As speculated in advance, there are two new video cameras. One on the front and one on the back of the device. The front camera enables video recording in 640 × 480 pixels, the rear camera records 720p videos. The iPad 2 also offers a connection to FaceTime, Apple's video conference solution. As in the iPhone 4 and the fourth generation iPod touch, the iPad will also have a three-axis gyro sensor in the future.
The pure WLAN version of the iPad 2 is again supplemented by Apple with a model series with connection to the cellular network and assisted GPS. In addition to a UMTS version with HSPA support, the iPad manufacturer is also offering a version for CDMA2000 networks (initially only for Verizon in the USA) for the first time. There is also a choice of three models with different storage capacities ranging from 16 to 64 GB. Apple did not change the price - this corresponds to the predecessor in all configurations and starts at just under 500 euros. For the first time, Apple is also offering the iPad 2 with a white frame.
Apple also presented new iPad accessories: a new "Digital AV Adapter" mirrors the iPad display on a television connected via HDMI and supports a resolution of up to 1080p (films are limited to 720p). The HDMI adapter intended for the dock connection allows the iPad to be charged at the same time and costs $ 40. The adapter can also be used with the first iPad, iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G, but then does not reflect the entire display and only offers video output up to 720p.
New cases called "Smart Cover" serve as screen protectors and as stands for various positions. Magnets hold the cases; they send the iPad to sleep when the flap is closed and wake it up when you open it. There are a total of ten variants of the Smart Cover - five in leather (69 euros each), five in plastic (39 euros each).
The second generation of iPads will go on sale in the USA on March 11th, followed by 26 other countries on March 25th, including Germany, Austria and Switzerland. At the same time, Apple lowered the price of the first iPad generation by 100 to 120 euros, depending on the model.
In addition to the iPad 2, Apple showed iOS 4.3 and iPad versions of the iLife programs GarageBand and iMovie. All three will also be available from March 11th. Photo Booth is apparently one of the standard apps of the second generation iPad.
You can still read the detailed live ticker text from Mac & i here. (lbe)Read comments (1485) Go to homepage
- How can you act responsibly?
- Can planes stay in the sky?
- Why doesn't Pakistan host the Olympic Games
- Magnets can rotate infinitely
- Buckley's cough syrup has been discontinued
- How useful is IOT for mechanical engineers
- How do you feel about cyberbullying
- Who coined the expression Bully Kanzel?
- Why does alcohol work?
- Any engineer can become a useful engineer
- Will a utopian society ever be achieved?
- What is approach speed
- Strangest person who had a crush on you
- How do you make your own espresso
- When does money exchange become a business?
- How widespread is Tableau
- Is it time for Jeremy Corbyn to step down?
- Have child seats expiration dates
- Dinner mints are gluten free
- Why has Twitter closed Earlybird
- What are the fees for CAD CAM
- How can a young artist approach apprentices
- Should the sunglasses be polarized
- How is wood fiber cloth made
- How can I hang up well
- What is a whole square
- What is formal science
- Which team is stronger Real or Bavaria
- Why am I so damn lazy
- How do you start a YouTube business
- Actors like interacting with fans
- Introverts are rare
- Is it worse to experience sex than to experience violence