Where do people run in Lausanne
Walk through the Lavaux UNESCO vineyards
From Chexbres, Saint-Saphorin, Rivaz or Epesses you have the opportunity to discover one of the most beautiful wine-growing regions in Switzerland on this circular hike. Regardless of where you start, the questions and the details that are brought to your attention will astonish even those familiar with these wine terraces, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
When does the wine year actually begin? For which French singer did the poet Jean Villard Gilles compose? Which famous guest often dined at the Auberge de l’Onde? The free Vaud: Guide app will ask you these and around 30 other questions on this vineyard walk through the famous Lavaux UNESCO World Heritage Site. The app does not require an internet connection and offers a new circular walk that connects Chexbres, Saint-Saphorin, Rivaz and Epesses.
On the way, numerous wine cellars invite you to a wine tasting or small Vaudois restaurants, the so-called “pints”, for a culinary break. Thanks to the train route along Lake Geneva, tired hikers have the opportunity to shorten the 10.4 km circular route by taking a train ride from Saint-Saphorin, Rivaz or Epesses. The hike can also be undertaken with a stroller and wheelchair, even if there are some steep or sloping places.
Let your smartphone guide you and go on a journey of discovery through the Lavaux region with friends, as a couple or with family. During the entire route you answer the questions that appear on your phone screen. In this way you receive a lot of information about the region - and have fun doing it!
Means of transport
You can leave your car in Chexbres train station. To go to Saint-Saphorin, Rivaz and Epesses you can take the regional train.
The distance is about 10 km. It will take you about five hours to cover them.
The hike is suitable for people with average fitness and also for children who can already walk on their own. The paved paths can be used by wheelchair users and with prams. In some places, however, the terrain is very hilly.
On this hike you will be guided by your smartphone (Android or iPhone). You don't need an internet connection for the application - it works via GPS, but you have to accept that the application has access to your geographic position. Before you set off, make sure your phone is charged and you have your charger with you. Good walking shoes and a water bottle should also be part of your luggage.
To take a break ...
The landscapes of the Lavaux region are ideal for well-deserved breaks. However, be considerate of nature and private property; do not leave any memories of your walk other than your photos ...
The cafes and restaurants in the villages on your way will be happy to welcome you for a drink or a meal.
Responsibility and security
Whether in the country, in the villages or in the city: You use these paths at your own risk. Respect nature and private property. Be careful and read our instructions to ensure a safe walk. In the event of an accident, Montreux-Vevey Tourisums declines all responsibility.
Tips for a completely SAFE walk
The walk in the Lavaux vineyard takes you away from the hustle and bustle in villages and along the vines.
During your discovery walk, remember the following safety instructions.
Where to go
• Preferably use the sidewalks.
• If these are missing, walk along the roadside.
• When walking on the street, it is best to do so on the left-hand side in the direction of walking. Cyclists have priority on cycle paths.
How to cross a street?
• Preferably use the pedestrian crossing.
• If there is no such, cross the street with good visibility, avoid curves, places on a slope, bridges and parking lots.
• Be careful when crossing the street, choose the right time for it and cross it at a brisk pace.
Thank you for your attention and your caution. Enjoy your walk in the Lavaux vineyard!
How to get there
- What is liver transplant
- Why does a Rift Valley occur
- How are computer languages classified
- Why HTML5 is the buzz right now
- What purpose do dead languages serve
- What is two dimensional media
- What is an apoprotein
- Where is gas produced
- How can I make a unicorn horn
- What is synonymous with had enough
- How many presidents does Germany have?
- How do I amortize an additional cost contribution
- What are the best free Instagram tools
- What's so great about Brexit
- What is meant by IP class
- What is a heap dump
- Can I do an MBA from Thapar University
- How did I become an empath
- How do I measure the kinematic viscosity
- What if the Mexico Wall is built
- How do I organize contacts in Outlook
- Is your country threatened by another nation?
- Are Cancer men and lion women compatible
- Why is DELTA FORCE not officially recognized