Why are propeller motors unusual in commercial aircraft
Why do commercial aircraft not have turboprop engines instead of jet engines? [Duplicate]
Turboprop engines are also used in ATR aircraft. The main reasons airlines don't use turboprop engines are:
- They are not as efficient as jet engines for long-haul flights at high altitudes. For this reason, all turboprop aircraft are used for short-haul flights.
- Their efficiency decreases as the speed increases above Mach 0.6 ~ 0.7. In comparison, the Boeing 747-8 runs at around Mach 0.85. (Their efficient (cruising) speed is lower compared to jet planes (~ 700-750 km / h vs ~ 880-840 kmph). This significantly increases the travel time of long-haul flights.
- The cabin (and the outside) is significantly quieter in turbofan engines compared to turboprop engines. This is an important problem in civil aircraft where the noise (and vibration) affects passenger comfort.
- The turbofan engines, for a given size, produce much more thrust than turboprop engines (however, turboprop engine power is measured in shaft power). This makes them unsuitable for large aircraft.
- The huge propellers in the large turboprop aircraft require long landing gears, which add weight and make maintenance difficult.
The largest (and fastest) civilian turboprop aircraft flew slower and lower than jet planes of comparable time. It wasn't known for its comfort either.
- How do you become a climate researcher?
- What is the full form of LED
- How is Kalindi College doing
- Are sympathizers of terrorists
- Want to be Galicians in Portugal
- PLZ Subscribe to my YouTube channel 1
- How to say fate in Korean
- Commercial students can apply for the TOEFL
- Are there helium or lithium fusion bombs
- Have a personal trainer
- Can you learn dark magic
- Drawn Cro Magnons
- Which is better SAS or JTF2
- What was the first crime you committed
- When was Citigroup Inc founded?
- What kind of music do women usually listen to?
- May Turkish Indian Bollywood films
- How valuable are the Coursera certificates
- How do dolphins defend themselves?
- Was Doom or Wolfenstein first
- Who will ensure that humanity does not become extinct?
- What is Dan Carlin's political philosophy
- Why does free item attract everyone