What makes water dry
Water is not wet, water makes you wet
If the bath tub knew that, it would probably chase us away with a wet scrap.
Water is wet. Contradiction, anyone? Probably not. It's a shame actually. Because maybe this wisdom is not true at all. Before you chase me away with wet scraps, let's take a look: The Duden defines wet, for example, as "soaked in moisture, especially water, or from the outside, with the surface wetted with it, covered". So the scrap you're swinging as you run after me is clearly wet. Just like everything that is beaten with it. If something dry comes into contact with water, it gets wet - we can agree on that. In purely linguistic terms, it is not the water itself. Assuming the right temperature and pressure conditions, it is liquid. And it makes you wet. If the water has soaked itself particularly strongly into the clothing, even soaking wet. You just have to know who or what this Pitsch is. Presumably a visual artist, an onomatopoeia, who is supposed to reproduce the sound that is created when a drop hits a surface, also known as slap or slap, slap. Or splash, splash, with which the frog prince crawled up the marble stairs. Klitsch and gossip also belong in the same category.
In Austria in particular, people like to get wet in this case. According to Grimm's dictionary, washing is related to washing, it describes, for example, splashing around in water, but also heavy rain. (By the way, you get wet with both.) If you wet others in the bathroom without their consent, this can call the bathtub on the scene. Linguistically, it probably comes from the washer, the bath attendant. And also occurs when you push someone into the water - into the water? Well, among other things, the Duden understands this to mean water in which one swims. In the end, then somehow it applies: water is wet.
Emails to:[email protected]
("Die Presse", print edition, July 16, 2018)
- How much data does Apple Maps use
- Billie Eilish is lazy
- What made you a better lover
- Is married to Antonio Brown
- What is past participle hate
- Is 0 6 a strong correlation
- What's your rating of Sarasota FL
- What is the darkest Harry Potter film
- What are the most productive habits
- How big is too big 1
- What kind of education does Brazil have
- What makes you shake your head?
- Why can't poor children learn
- How can I learn Windows Command Prompt
- What are some important human organs
- Dreamweaver is still dying
- Do you believe in the fate of fate 1
- What would Christopher Hitchens think of Brexit?
- Is LDA a classifier
- How good is Redmi Note 3s camera
- Why do people believe in unicorns
- Why do cast iron pans rust
- Have a Kindle
- How does language convey knowledge