How was orange jam invented
Jams from Sicily
What is the difference between jam and jam?
Colloquially, most people certainly use the word for every form of cooked fruit that can be used as a spread jam. If you want to do elegant things, say “jam”. But there are actually differences that go beyond social origin or perceived social affiliation. In fact, since 1982, the EU has stipulated that only citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, mandarins etc.) should be considered jam may be referred to while all other ingredients are too jam are processed. This was intended to introduce a uniform language usage in Europe, because in Great Britain, for example, the distinction was between jam and jam has long been custom.
The invention of orange jam
That wasn't exactly surprising Bitter orange jam Invented by a woman, namely by the Scot Janet Keiller. A Spanish merchant ship docked in Dundee because of a storm. It had oranges loaded that weren't the freshest anymore. Janet's husband James bought the oranges at a bargain price. Janet boiled the inedible oranges with lots of sugar and put them up for sale in the joint shop. Their customers were enthusiastic and in 1797 the Keillers founded the world's first jam factory.
Jams from Sicily
The southern Italian region Sicily is an extremely important growing area for citrus fruits. So why take the sour fruits abroad first to get them? Jams to process? This is probably what Barone del Murgo thought, on whose land at the foot of Mount Etna extensive orange, mandarin and lemon groves bloom and bear juicy fruits. From these, the most delicious jams are made fresh from the harvest every year, which we have in our range as orange jam, tangerine jam and lemon jam. So you can get the Sicilian sun on your breakfast roll!
By the way: You can find our jams and jams under the heading: Sweets and pastries.
Ciao and grace for your visit!
- How moths survive the winter
- What is the amblyopia of the eye
- What is true worship
- Who discovered Richter scale
- Will Kiran Bedi lose the Delhi elections?
- How is igit Sarang Hostels
- What celebrities committed tax evasion?
- Alcoholic energy drinks should be banned
- What is 1000ml to kg
- How do water startups use big data
- Is YouTube addiction linked to depression
- What are the functions of a microprocessor
- How do I contact Norton
- How can I meet Mr. Sundar Pichai
- Should be published peer reviews
- Why did Shae betray Tyrion 1
- Could a modern crusade ever take place?
- How should a parent use praise
- In which car segment are turbochargers used?
- What is an international terminal
- Did Einstein mention God in his theory
- How can I live without my mother
- Think bitcoins are evil
- Mike Patton is popular in Italy