Modafinil ingestion improves brain activity in psychopaths
Are Psychiatric Drugs Dangerous? Do they make you dependent or do they change your personality?
This guide does away with prejudices, various fears and rumors that persist. Despite the fact that psychotropic drugs are among the most widely prescribed drugs, hardly any other drug therapy has faced as much criticism as therapy for a mental illness.
The authors explain clearly and without reservation what psychotropic drugs actually do and what their limits are.It is important for relatives and patients to find out how drugs work. The book helps you to correctly assess the effects and potential side effects of psychotropic drugs, to understand drug therapies and thus also to increase the willingness to actually take the drugs.
Only those who are informed can separate facts from myths and overcome reservations.
Authors and affiliations
- Gerd Laux
- Otto Dietmaier
- 1.Specialist in psychiatry, psychotherapy and neurology, Institute for Psychological Medicine (IPM) SoyenGermany
- 2nd Ltd. Pharmacy Director Klinikum am Weißenhof Center for PsychiatryWeinsbergGermany
About the authors
- Book Title Psychiatric Drugs
- Book Subtitle Guide for Patients and Relatives
- AuthorsGerd Laux
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-55576-7
- Copyright InformationSpringer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg2018
- Publisher NameSpringer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook PackagesMedicine (German Language)
- Softcover ISBN978-3-662-55575-0
- eBook ISBN978-3-662-55576-7
- Edition Number10
- Number of PagesXIII, 224
- Number of Illustrations27 b / w illustrations, 24 illustrations in color
- Topics Psychiatry
Popular Science in Medicine and Health
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- How can I stop watching bad videos
- Are there similarities between ADD and narcissism
- Is n-hexanol insoluble in water
- The Higgs singlet was discovered
- What is cannabis breeding
- What is 300 ml in cups
- Does prayer do something good
- Lawyers streamline way too much
- Who was smarter about Neumann or Gauss?
- Is a homemade IR blaster safe
- Can herbal medicine cure urinary tract infections
- How can I control my ideas
- How do contactless card readers work
- Is time travel reality
- What are your best and worst passwords
- When is drama a good thing?
- How do web developers see their work
- Can an indie label promote multiple genres?
- How can I be selected in Wipro
- Snoring wolves
- How is CS taught at BITS Pilani
- Work on open pores with honey
- Are bathroom mats hygienic
- What is atomic packing factor