What is your strangest sexual desire
Asexuals are the most cracking people, according to this protester (Image: davidgljay / Flickr)
World premiere for International Asexual Day (ITA): For the first time, asexuals also want to provide information about their sexual orientation on a single day. Activists around the world selected April 6th as the date for the day earlier this year. This day was chosen "in order to avoid overlapping with other important dates or days of remembrance around the world," says the international campaign website. Asexuality is defined as the absence of sexual attraction or a lack of interest in sex.
With the "International Day of Asexuality" the so-called ace community wants to become more visible in the public eye. Ace (English for ace) is a nickname for asexuality, so orientation is often represented with the highest playing card on a skat or poker hand. Many asexuals also see themselves as part of the queer community. They promote making their sexual orientation more visible within the community using the acronym LGBTQIA.
Social prejudice against asexuals is widespread
On International Asexual Day, activists especially want to dispel popular prejudices. Asexuality does not mean that a person renounces sex because of a bad relationship or religious beliefs, is afraid of intimacy or simply cannot find a partner. Asexuals could fall in love too. They could also have sex, for example because they wanted children. Many wanted a relationship on a platonic basis.
The asexual community also includes people who define their sexual orientation as demisexuality or gray gray asexuality. Demisexuality means that people only develop sexual feelings about people with whom they have a strong emotional bond. The broad term gray asexuality includes people whose sexual desire is only weakly developed.
There is already a so-called Ace Week in October, but so far it has received little attention in Germany. The community has also had a flag since 2010: it consists of four horizontal stripes of the same size in black, gray, white and purple. Black stands for asexuality, gray for gray sexuality and demisexuality, white for sexuality and purple for the community.
In the past, asexuality was viewed by medical professionals as a disease like homosexuality. Today only anaphrodisia is judged to be a disorder. This is a lack of drive, which is caused by diseases of the central nervous system and is often a concomitant phenomenon of advancing age.
Scientists estimate that the proportion of asexuals is one percent of the population, but some assume a higher number of unreported cases. Several studies suggest that life satisfaction among asexuals is lower than among the general population. As with homosexuals or transsexuals, however, this is mainly a consequence of social discrimination. (dk)
- Which font goes with Century Gothic
- What are the benefits of backlink
- If 3x 7 17 what is x
- Why does Hermione always criticize Ron
- How do I track Instagram's analysis
- Families prefer male children in Spain
- Is a dwi a crime in Texas
- What's your favorite rap fight
- How long does it take for marijuana to grow
- Why do you care what others do?
- How is smell transmitted
- What are the grizzly bears behavioral adaptations
- What is a Masonic Event
- How do I marinate shrimp
- How to say consent in Japanese
- Is there a body of jazz standards
- What is it like to work at REI
- Are there any good hangover pills
- Why doesn't Vladimir Putin like George Soros
- Is autoencoder unsupervised or semi-supervised learning
- Which restaurant food is delicious
- How do I travel to Afghanistan
- Where is the largest telescope located
- How does artificial intelligence help farmers?