When did Gandhiji enter Indian politics?
Mahatma Gandhi Square
District: 22. District of Aubing-Lochhausen-Langwied
Decision of 06.07.2017
Street key: 06711
Explanation of the name
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (known by the honorary name Mahatma, which means "great soul" in Sanskrit), born October 2nd, 1869 in Porbandar, died January 30th, 1948 in New Delhi, Indian lawyer, publicist, ascetic, pacifist, resistance fighter, human and Civil rights activist. Gandhi's family belonged to the merchant caste, which represents the social and political upper class in India. Against the will of the family, he studied law in London from 1888. During this time he dealt a lot with the political and social currents in England and devoted himself to religious literature. In 1891 he returned to India and worked there as a lawyer, in 1893 he went to South Africa for professional reasons. There he learned about the effects of racial discrimination (apartheid) and in the following years campaigned effectively for equality for the Indian minority in South Africa. From 1914 he lived in India again, in 1915 he joined the Indian National Congress (INC) and a year later he gave his first public speech in India. Until the end of his life, he first campaigned for India's independence from Great Britain, which was proclaimed in 1947, for human rights and the equality of religions. A milestone was the Salt March in early March 1930, a campaign of civil disobedience that opposed the salt tax and the ordinance that Indian citizens are not allowed to produce or sell salt. Gandhi always advocated non-violence, and non-violent resistance characterized all of his actions. He lived ascetic and self-imposed, strict ethical and moral principles. From 1921 he dressed in solidarity for the poorest of the poor only in a loincloth. In 1948, at the age of 78, Gandhi was assassinated by a fanatical, nationalist Hindu.
Place on Bodenseestrasse across from Hans-Stützle-Strasse.
- Why do users send coupons on RetailMeNot
- Why isn't Chicago the capital of Illinois?
- All companies need insurance
- What is two dimensional media
- In which situations is ignorance out of luck?
- Why is Google AdSense free
- What is a localized chemical bond
- Have buffalo fingers
- What is Jack the Ripper's unsolved mystery
- Am I responsible for my own suffering
- Which state has more snow than Vermont?
- What is a welcome pack
- What do you dislike about Shopify
- Why are web technologies so bad
- What Are Some Good Surrealist Books
- Name some industries that pollute water
- Which computer had semiconductors
- Who should kill Roose Bolton
- What do you call a hippie woman
- What makes Rick Rosss raps so satisfying
- How to stop growing facial hair
- How do I wake up less easily?
- Why isn't Hillary Clinton charged?
- What are some recommend libraries in Paris