Has anyone dived on Bismark?
Deep sea: Director Cameron dives to the Mariana Trench
Titanic -Director James Cameron dived with a special submarine to the deepest point of the world's oceans. Cameron was the first person to dive alone in a submarine into the western Pacific Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench. There, around 500 kilometers southwest of the island of Guam, the 57-year-old Canadian collected data and samples for hours and filmed the deep-sea world.
With his U-Bot, the Deepsea Challenger , it took Cameron 2 hours and 36 minutes to descend to 10,898 meters. The seven-meter-long submarine is equipped with a sediment collector, a robotic gripper arm, a suction gun for collecting small deep-sea inhabitants and various sensors for measuring temperature, salinity and water pressure, for example. It only took Cameron 70 minutes to surface.
Before him, only the Swiss deep-sea explorer Jacques Piccard and the American Don Walsh had dived to a depth of almost eleven kilometers in 1960. "The deep sea trenches are the last unexplored frontier of our planet," said Cameron before his dive trip.
The 57-year-old is considered a deep-sea fan and has dived several thousand meters deep dozen of times. He also had the wreckage of the Bismarck Visited the North Atlantic and filmed a documentary about the German battleship sunk by the British Royal Navy in World War II.
- What's the worst bra
- Who were Rome's rivals
- The Red Army choir sang
- When did the Jews of Jerusalem disperse?
- Is the college open to an international student
- What is worth visiting in Siebenbuergen
- How good are Alibaba products
- 1408 is a Stephen King book
- We live in reality
- What is Bruce Lee's height
- We instinctively know our potential
- How is SDMIMD Mysore for PGDM
- Where is mainly the Kerberos protocol used
- The USPS ships quickly
- What is your assessment of the Hindu gods
- How helpful is Instagram for online business?
- Why does static electricity make electricity
- What do you know about Nigerians
- Where can I watch divergent
- What is time in the digital world
- Why is my Furby still sleeping
- Why do flowers in vases smell foul?
- What can we do with LinkedIn
- What is the importance of durability