Regret getting a nose job
Mira Sorvino height, weight, age, body statistics
|Mira Sorvino quick info|
|height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Date of birth||September 28, 1967|
|Spouse||Christopher Paul Backus|
Mira Sorvino is a veteran American actress whose Hollywood career began in the 1990s with films such as Mighty Aphrodite (1995) and Romy and Michelles High School Reunion (1997) among several successive film projects. In 2017, she was one of the many actresses who voiced allegations of sexual harassment against Harvey Weinstein, which fueled the #Metoo and #Timesup movement in Hollywood. Although she never stopped working, she particularly resurrected her career after 2014 by booking various roles in TV shows and films. She has a huge social media following with over 200,000 followers on Twitter.
Mira Katherine Sorvino
place of birth
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, USA
Mira studied in Dwight Englewood School in New Jersey, where she appeared in several theatrical productions. Mira was accepted as a brilliant student Harvard University for a Bachelor in East Asian Studies. She graduated from Magna Cum Laude in 1989.
Council for International Educational Exchange (CIEE) sent Mira to Beijing for a year during her basic training to study there, where she also spoke fluent Chinese.
Actress, producer, activist
- father - Paul Anthony Sorvino (character actor, film director, sculptor, entrepreneur - owner of Paul Sorvino Foods and partner in Janson-Beckett Cosmeceuticals)
- mother - Lorraine Ruth Davis (former actress, therapist for Alzheimer's patients, activist)
- siblings - Amanda Sorvino (younger sister) (writer, actress, leads an animal rescue mission), Michael aka Mike Sorvino (younger brother) (actor, producer, director)
- Other - Ford Sorvino (paternal grandfather) (foreman in Angela Maria Mattea née Renzi (paternal grandmother) (housewife, piano teacher), William Sorvino (uncle) (former actor), Bill Sorvino (cousin) (award-winning actor / producer), Denessa Purvis Benkie aka Dee Dee Sorvino (stepmother) (TV / radio personality, writer, comedian)
Mira Sorvino is represented by -
- Performing Arts Agency (APA)
- Management 360
- The Artists Partnership, London, United Kingdom
- Lights Grossman Nichols Adler and Feldman (law firm)
5 feet 10 inches or 178 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Friend / spouse
Mira Sorvino has dated -
- Joaquín Cortés - Mira dated briefly to Spanish flamenco, ballet and contemporary dancer Joaquín in the 1990s.
- Quentin Tarantino (1996–1998) - Mira began dating filmmaker and director Quentin Tarantino in 1996 after meeting him at the September 1995 Toronto International Film Festival. He was her escort in 68th Academy Awards in March 1996, for which Mira received the award "Best Supporting Actress" Mighty Aphrodite (1995). The couple broke up by mutual agreement in March 1998. In 2017, Quentin shared in an interview that Mira told him that shortly before their relationship began, they suffered undesirable physical advances from disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein. The director dismissed Harvey's misconduct as a harmless crush on the actress. Mira added that her relationship with Quentin protected her from more harmful exploitation since Quentin was making blockbuster films for Weinstein's company and the producer wanted to maintain a good relationship with his favorite director.
- Val Kilmer (1997) - New York Tabloids clicked on pictures of Val and Mira and shared a possible relationship between the two actors while they were making the film At first glance (1999). Some tabloids speculated that their fleeting romance was responsible for the end of Quentin's and Mira's relationship.
- Kevin Costner (1993) - Veteran Hollywood star Kevin Costner has previously dated a long line of famous actresses, and Mira Sorvino was one of them. The two got into a relaxing relationship in 1993 after Mira broke up with director Quentin Tarantino.
- Marc Anthony (1998) - The actress is said to have briefly been in a relationship with singer Marc Anthony in 1998, but neither celebrity confirmed their engagement.
- Olivier Martinez (1999–2002) - Mira met French actor and alumni Olivier Martinez, a competitive boxer, at a Paris dinner party in 1998. Olivier's frequent visits to the United States enabled him to work on his English and look for work in Hollywood. He made his Hollywood debut with a small role in Before the night falls (2002) with Javier Bardem and Johnny Depp. Mira also helped Olivier take on a role in one of her film projects, called a European mystery thriller Semana Santa (2002). Throughout their relationship, the couple have been clicked together at high profile public events and it has been speculated that they will get engaged in 2001. Mira's mother Lorraine told a journalist that the couple broke up because Olivier was unwilling to marry and have children, which was a priority for Mira as much as her career.
- Willem Dafoe (2003) - After breaking up with Olivier, Mira had an unremarkable relationship with veteran character actor Willem Defoe in 2003. She first met him as a co-star on the sets of Lulu on the bridge (1998).
- Christopher Paul Backus (2004 - Present) - Mira first saw Christopher while performing as a struggling actor with tables waiting in West Hollywood SUR Restaurant. The couple were introduced to Hollywood stylist and mutual friend Samantha McMillen at the Charades party at her residence. Christopher and Mira were married in a private ceremony at the Santa Barbara Courthouse in June 2004 when she was three months pregnant and had their first child. Three weeks later, the couple celebrated their wedding in a neoclassical ceremony in the Parente Temple on the Italian island of Capri. Christopher is 14 years younger than Mira and was only 22 when the couple married. They have 4 children together - a daughter named Mattea Angel (* November 2004), son Johnny Christopher King (* May 2006), son Holden Paul Terry Backus (* June 2009) and daughter Lucia (* May 2012).
Race / ethnicity
She has Italian ancestry on her father's side and Welsh ancestry on her mother's side. In March 2019, Mira shared on Instagram that she had found out through genetic evidence that she is also part of the Irish.
Dark brown (natural)
She often has a tendency to dye her hair blonde.
- High physical frame
- Her signature top back blonde hairstyle was combed straight with a side panel
- Maintains a natural look with minimal makeup and stays away from botox or fillers
- She gave a television commercial for a vote Nivea Lotion.
- Mira also promoted Diabetes co-stars with her father an awareness campaign supported by the pharmaceutical company Sanofi Aventis in 2011.
- She claimed to be an atheist in the late 1990s, but became a devout Christian, especially after the birth of her children.
- Her parents followed and indoctrinated the values of the Episcopal Church while raising Mira.
Portrayal of the role of Leslie aka Linda Ash in Woody Allens Mighty Aphrodite (1995), for which she won the 1996 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress
She made her film debut as a factory worker in The stuff in 1985.
She made her first credited feature film appearance as the character of Laura in Among friends in 1993.
She made her feature film debut as a voice actress by voicing the character of Carol Purtle in a short, animated film called Frozen in time in 2014.
First television broadcast
She made her television show debut as Sophia Eva McCormick De Castro in the teen drama series Swans cross in 1992.
- As a child, Mira trained in ballet. In the early years of her career, her fitness regime was influenced by her love of dance. She selected exercise classes and trainers who incorporated various dance movements into a high-intensity full-body workout.
- She is a customer of celebrity trainer NedaSoderqvist, who developed the JAM (Juicy Athletic Moves) method called Jammalibu SLyDE® - a combination of Pilates, strength training and dance.
- During her stay in New York, Mira trained at the LIFT gym in Manhattan and the Hamptons. The actress often takes selfies in gyms in hotel rooms after a workout, sometimes in the middle of the night.
- When she doesn't have access to a gym, Mira prefers to run 6 km a day on the river or the beach when she travels. She is also an avid swimmer and can swim a few laps in her residential pool while playing with her children. Mira always packs hiking boots on vacation.
- Since her father was diagnosed with Type II diabetes, Paul Sorvino became aware that she had chosen healthy foods to help him lead a better lifestyle. She avoids foods that may contain pesticides and tries to eat as much organically grown food from the region as possible. She also shared in an interview that she cannot follow diets because she immediately feels like breaking them and eating a lot if she does.
- Her incorrigible love for sugar is her worst eating habit after her. She used to skip meals to eat a piece of cake and enjoy baking sweets at home. In order not to give in to temptation, Mira stopped filling her pantry and refrigerator with desserts and replaced them with organic fruits.
- During her fourth and final pregnancy, the actress suffered from placenta previa and had to spend 9 lonely weeks in bed in a hospital. The experience made her sympathetic to people with chronic diseases and since then she has been extremely aware of leading a healthy and disease-free life.
- Mira was a smoker between the ages of 26 and 36 and usually finished a pack of cigarettes in a week. Her husband Chris was a chain smoker who finished 3 packets of cigarettes in one day. When the couple got engaged, they vowed to quit smoking forever. The actress prefers to put together Italian dishes that are prepared from simple ingredients and fresh products.
Mira Sorvino's favorite things
- Piece of furniture in her home - A vintage, painted, curved wicker couch in green
- hobby - photography
- Social media application - Instagram
- Celebrity she wants to have dinner with - Marilyn Monroe
- Mystery / thriller film - Dead Ringers (1988)
- holiday destination - Paris, France
- place - Capri (Italian island)
- Accommodation in Paris - An apartment with a view of the Seine and the Pont Neuf
- French breakfast - A huge bowl of café au lait and pain au chocolat
- Parisian eateries - Closerie des Lilas, Café Marly in the courtyard of the Louvre, Hotel Costes
- Parisian bakery - cardboard box (for his mini macaroon cookies)
- French cocktail - Kir Royale
- Places to visit in Paris - Small Romanesque or Gothic churches / cathedrals, small revival houses in the St. Germain area where you can watch old movies from all over the world
- Shopping square in Paris - There is a flea market at the Clignancourt metro station on Saturdays and Sundays
- Pass-time activity when traveling - Drawing, writing, reading, composing
- Parts of her body - lower lip, legs
- To eat healthy food - Seafood, broccoli
- fruit - Berries, peaches, mangoes
- Guilty pleasure - cake, chocolate
- Food prepared by her mother - Spaghetti with marinara, chocolate cake
- Movie - At the water (1954)
- Beauty ritual - Immediately afterwards, apply long, hot baths and organic facial oil
- Historical figure - Pastor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Leisure activity - Flea market or vintage clothing shopping
- Television broadcast - Law & Order: special unit for victims, Law & Order: criminal offense
Source - Architectural Digest, Too Fab, Vanity Fair, Web MD, US Magazine
Mira Sorvino facts
- In addition to English, she is fluent in Mandarin and French.
- Mira had her first kiss at a party when she was 13.
- Her mother also encouraged her to write and play in the back yard with her friend and fellow actress Hope Davis.
- The day after graduating from Harvard, Mira went to a local salon to get her hair dyed because she wanted to get rid of her serious student personality.
- The actress admitted that she hated her nose since childhood and still doesn't like it, but the fear of losing its authenticity on the face has deterred her from getting a nose job.
- She started her battle as an actress by moving to New York. She worked as a waitress at auditions and at Robert De Niro's Tribeca production company.
- Sorvino was initially hired as the 3rd assistant director for Among friends (1993), but she worked her way up through the pre-production phase to be promoted to casting director and then to an assistant producer who helped her take on the female lead as well. Positive reviews of her work in this film helped Mira take on the role of actress Barcelona (1994) and Quiz show (1994).
- Mira threw in her paternal grandfather, Ford Sorvino Among friends (1993) to provide comic relief.
- In 1993, Sorvino turned down the on-screen test for the role of Julie Camalletti on the CBS Network's Daily Soap Opera Idol because she didn't want to be trapped in a 3-year contract. A few months later, however, she served as a replacement for the actress who got the role of Julie Camalletti for three episodes because the other actress was sick.
- In 1997 she was a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Mira is a big fan of the original Star Trek Series (1966-1969).
- Along with 16 other friends, she was one of the founding members of the Co-Ed-A-Cappella group called Harvard-Radcliffe Veritones This is still the case today and new members enroll every year. The group has gained wide recognition for their musical creation and performance.
- She loves vintage furniture, which is also the theme of home decor in her residence.
- Mira only has round dining tables at home because she wants everyone on the table to be able to see and talk to each other easily.
- She has an irrational fear of possible freezing.
- Their biggest animal is contact with germs on public surfaces.
- She has composed many songs over the years and hopes to record them one day.
- Sorvino claims to be dependent on her phone and cannot function without that phone.
- Mira auditioned for the role of Dorothy Boyd in Jerry Maguire (1996), which was bagged by Renée Zellweger.
- She was once in a bullfight and after 5 minutes she walked out of the house in tears.
- One of her biggest professional regrets is having turned down the opportunity to work in the Broadway musical. cabaret.
- The actress is an animal lover and has owned several cats and dogs over the years. As of 2019, she owns dogs named Wookie, Honey, Macie, Charlie and Neptune. She previously owned a blue-eyed white cat named Snowball, 2 ginger cats, a Chawla / Whippit cross dog named Deer, and another dog named Fiona who ran out in 2017.
- She is tough on fur.
- Mira is associated with Amnesty International since 2004.
- The actress has been the UK Ambassador for Combating Human Trafficking since 2009.
- She also worked to promote AIDS research and UNICEF.
- In honor of Mira's work as Susan Tyler in Imitate (1997), a German-American entomologist and ecologist, called Thomas Eisner the remedy secreted by the sunburst diving beetle to protect itself as "Mirasorvon".
- In October 2017, the actress released a statement that she suspected Harvey Weinstein of sabotaging her career in Hollywood after rejecting his physical advances. Her suspicions were confirmed by film director Peter Jackson, who said he should avoid considering Mira Sorvino and Ashley Judd for roles in Lord of the rings (2001) because they were difficult to work with.
- To find out more about the veteran actress, follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Featured image by Mira Sorvino / Instagram
- Which countries allow small investments in equity?
- Is Jack Dawson alive now
- Where can I save the Basic Attention Token
- What is a landing page experience
- What are the different types of theology
- Quora attracts depressed people
- What is the frequency of the optical waves
- Who actually controls the money
- How does FireSteel work
- How do you rate an article
- What if Duryodhana won the Mahabharata war?
- How safe is Kolkata
- What are entangled photons
- Twitter follow or lists
- What is a Top Secret Release
- How can I adapt American culture
- Was there moderation in CBSE this year
- When did the Prophet Muhammad get Nabuvat?
- Is the position vector an isolated vector
- What is a sorting algorithm
- What is a pastoral elegy
- Why is Sense8 a good series
- Kazakh sounds like Russian
- How was your experience with toastmasters