Are restaurants interested in OpenTables' VIP status?
That brings iOS 6 in detail
In September, not only will the next iPhone come, but also iOS 6, the major update for iPhone and Co. Apple is promising over 200 new features, and we are introducing the new top functions.
According to Scott Forstall, Apple's iOS manager, the upcoming iOS 6 will offer over 200 new functions. As usual with Apple, the company loves to impress with big numbers. Among the more than 200 new functions are real "bangers" such as Apple's own maps with 3D view, navigation function and "flyover". Forstall can also announce expected extensions to Siri, including iPad support (iPad 3), dictation function for status updates on Facebook and Twitter, expanded use of knowledge databases and more. In addition, there are a lot of smaller but no less useful innovations.
So that the iPhone user is not deprived of his well-deserved sleep, there is the "Do not disturb" option, which keeps the iPhone silent at freely selectable times. The VIP service allows emails from important people to be highlighted, i.e. filtered - very practical. It's also great that Facetime calls can now finally be made not only via a Wi-Fi connection, but also via UMTS - however, this function is only offered by the iPhone 4S and the new iPad under iOS 6.
Following Twitter on iOS 5, Facebook is now being integrated into iOS 6. The Safari app synchronizes the tabs with iCloud under iOS 6, always synchronized with a Mac under 10.8. So that friends can also conveniently view photos from a vacation trip, Fotostream allows selected photos to be shared with other users. You can see the shared photo streams via the Photos app or on the Mac under OS X 10.8 in iPhoto. Other improvements include the Mail app, the new Passbook app for managing coupons and boarding passes, enhanced accessibility features, and more.
Secret weapon Siri
The first major update from Siri after it was introduced with iOS 5 a year ago - the intelligent speech recognition is still in beta - sheds light on where the journey is headed. After the iPhone 4S, the iPad 3 will soon also dominate Siri.
Siri becomes the knowledge assistant. Apple is obviously starting with what US citizens seem to be most interested in: sports. Siri knows baseball, football, and ice hockey. In the USA, Apple cooperates with the big marketers like MLB (Major League Baseball). Siri offers sports fans in Europe access to data on European football leagues.
In the USA, the Siri assistance for restaurant searches and reservations is already working, here Apple also uses the company search Yelp to search for restaurants and Open Table for reservations. There is also a German yelp and an open table offshoot, but the integration in Siri is still missing, but is now on the way.
With iOS 6, Twitter and Facebook users can simply enter status updates (Facebook) via Siri or send a tweet. With iOS 6, Siri also learns to start an installed app by voice command - Siri, on the other hand, refuses to load an app from the App Store. The integration of Siri into the new Maps app is great. Here you can - assuming a supported iPhone or iPad - get directions, start the navigation function and more. There are also plans to cooperate with well-known car manufacturers and use the voice function via steering wheel control, known as "Eyes Free".
2D maps with routes
3D maps and flyovers
Facetime via Wi-Fi
Facetime via UMTS
Mail: VIP friends
Safari: offline reading list
Photo stream sharing
- Tests test our intelligence
- How fast a cheetah can run
- How does quantum theory define information
- Which places in India have extreme climate
- What if a cat starts barking?
- What is the future of service robotics
- Why don't people take depression seriously?
- What are the best debates about technology
- How can I market my artwork
- What is a real debit card number
- George Zimmerman deserves sympathy
- How can you get Hatsune Miku headphones?
- What if someone finds 100
- Will there ever be evidence of reality?
- How do I make Fuljar Soda
- Does the number 69 mean something 1
- What if cannabis is legalized in India
- Should Israelis support Palestine like Noam Cohen
- What is 1110 11001 in binary
- What are OSHA boards made of
- Can you save a million dollars
- Are synapses randomly positioned in the brain
- What will Joe Jackson's legacy be
- Richard Dawkins' description of God is wrong
- Is there really a fantasy
- How many 50p make a rupee
- Why are computer viruses application software
- How I can choose the perfect underwear
- PLZ Subscribe to my YouTube channel 1
- Which two countries have officially left UNESCO?
- How competitive was Steve Jobs
- What is the DAX
- Why was I drunk but not hungover