Why is MnO2 called Manganese IV oxide
|molar mass 86.937 g / mol |
AGW 0.2 mg / m3 E (TRGS 900)
density 5.08 g / cm3
decomposition + 535 ° C
|Hazard classes + category |
Acute toxicity oral 4
Acute toxicity inhalation 4
Specific target organ toxicity inhalation repeat. 2
|HP rates (see also note) |
H 302, 332, 373
P 260, 280.2-3 + 7, 264, 314
disposal G 4
|print a label||German name||English name|
|CAS 1313-13-9||Manganese (IV) oxide||Manganese (IV) oxide|
It is produced by grinding the pyrolusite, which belongs to the brown stones, or by heating manganese (II) nitrate in the air to over 500 ° C:
Mn (NO3)2• 6 H.2O MnO2 + 2 NO2 + 6 H.2O
Today, however, the most important technical process is accessible through the electrolysis of a manganese (II) sulfate solution. The divalent manganese ions oxidize to trivalent Mn at the anode3+that immediately goes back to Mn2+ and Mn4+ disintegrates and disproportionate. Brownstone is deposited on the anode.
Manganese (IV) oxide is a versatile oxidizing agent in organic syntheses, for example in the oxidation of aniline to hydroquinone. During glass production, it is used to discolour carbon and sulphide impurities (brownstone means something like "glassmaker's soap"). In flashlight batteries, the graphite cathode is embedded in manganese (IV) oxide: The manganese (IV) oxide continuously oxidizes the hydrogen occurring at the positive pole to form water. Manganese (IV) oxide is also used for gas cleaning in gas masks and as an oxidizing agent in fireworks. The black pigment manganese black was already used by cave painters.
- Can see cats around the corner
- How does a double burn cycle work
- Shiite Islam allows Hindus to marry
- What makes people feel free
- What do Europeans think of Miami?
- Who studies astronomy
- Why would anyone have worms as pets?
- What will happen when AI controls humanity
- A blown engine can be repaired
- Which one is correct congratulations or good wishes
- At what temperature is ice made?
- How can I count while drumming
- Why do they call cheesecloth cheesecloth
- Why is our society so racist
- What does self-contempt narcissistic mean
- The money from crypto currency is taxed
- Are related to Teddy Roosevelt and FDR
- What is the diameter of 14 inches
- Why is the IRS private
- Foreign companies will manufacture smartphones in India
- Why do hugs sometimes feel sad?
- Which font goes with Century Gothic
- Is ABA therapy only for autism
- The British have a rich heritage