Why do cast iron pans rust
Rust in the iron pan: what to do?
You can do this if the pan rusts
If a cast iron pan or a wrought iron pan rusts, this rust can be removed again relatively easily. If there is only a little of the reddish oxidation product on the surface, you can simply wipe it off with a cloth soaked in cooking oil.
For coarser rust spots, take a steel wool sponge and scrub the iron pan vigorously. This is possible because an iron pan has no other protective coating than the burned-in oil patina that develops over time.
After derusting, thoroughly remove the rust dust and then oil the pan again thoroughly. Even better: burn your iron pan back in so that it gets a new, effective protective layer.
Burn in the iron pan again after removing rust
When you burn it in again, simply treat your cooking appliance as if you had just bought it. Oil, salt and potato peels are suitable for baking.
- First fill the pan a few millimeters deep with cooking oil.
- Heat the oil vigorously.
- Then add a lot of salt and potato peels.
- Open the windows and switch on the extractor hood.
- Fry the pods black on all sides.
- When the pods are blackened, let them cool.
- Now discard the contents of the pan and rinse the pan with water.
- Finally, apply a film of oil to the surface of the pan.
This is not the only baking method that gives an iron pan a protective patina. Perhaps you have saved the instructions for use for your pan; you may discover another method there.
The oiled iron pan standing upside down on the grate of the oven burns in less smoke. A more even, but still very thin protective layer is formed.
- Have you ever broken the heart of a girl
- The galaxies orbit other things
- How should I address a friend's mother
- What is the mole of carbon dioxide
- Netflix uses AWS What uses Quora
- What is sandpaper
- When does a LinkedIn invitation expire
- Who declared the first vacation on Sunday
- What is wchar h in C.
- Free online training is good
- How do I uninstall Vivo iThemes
- Is BitOffer Bitcoin Options Trading Risky?
- How do model trains make smoke
- The Federal Reserve is a national bank
- Local brands versus global brands
- Correlates NIH funding to market success
- Can Google interns recommend people
- Aryan thappar
- How easy is Power BI to learn
- What happened to the Xanga blogging service
- Why are westerners familiar with Japanese honors
- Can you decipher the fruit name IKIW
- How many buildings are there in Lisbon?
- Why are there 108 mantra japa beads