Babies are as expensive as some claim
Osteopathy: Effective Therapy In Babies?
Parents are familiar with this: they carry, suckle and breastfeed the baby, sing, go for a walk and suckle it again - but it still cries. Hungry? Tired? Overwhelmed? No, the child has a "birth trauma," at least says the osteopath. The baby was certainly born too quickly, too slowly, with forceps or even by caesarean section. In general, such a birth is stressful in itself!
Often there are indications of the gentle effects of pediatric osteopathy in birth preparation courses; some midwives recommend the treatment. What is to be made of it?
This article is contained in Spectrum Compact, Bones, Muscles, Joints - The framework of our body
First, let's see how the therapy is supposed to work: The American Andrew Taylor Still invented osteopathy. The doctor developed his "manual therapy" around 1874. So the idea is a bit older. Still saw the origin of all possible health complaints in "lesions" or "blockages" that had to be resolved. The aim was a harmonious blood flow and the removal of pollutants ("arterial rule").
He is convinced that the cause was mostly a malalignment of the skeleton, and sometimes a misalignment of organs that could be remedied with bare hands. It should also be used to "straighten" vertebrae and bones, as well as muscles and other parts of the body with "gentle pressure". In this way - so the promise to this day - the self-healing powers of the body would be activated and strengthened, whereby even protracted complaints such as pain could be cured. Still saw it as the only real way to heal ailments. A full-bodied promise.
There is some evidence that osteopaths want to break away from such vitalistic-esoteric ideas of origin and justify their method with findings from research. Investigations in the psychosocial and psychosomatic area are of particular interest. It is an attempt to approach the criteria of evidence-based medicine. An assessment by the Scientific Advisory Board of the German Medical Association from 2009 shows, however, very differentiated why the approach is difficult. One reason: Above all, there is no comprehensive definition of the term osteopathic procedures. That makes it very problematic to prove the effectiveness with - mostly international - studies.
Greetings from homeopathy
Since everything is based on blockages, the question now is: what kind of blockages actually? It makes a difference whether you mean cramped muscles (really do exist) or internal blockages. For example »accumulated energies« (greetings from homeopathy) or even »vibrations in bones« (are too much even for homeopaths).
- Is rice helpful in preventing kidney stones?
- 16 is 40 of what number
- What are the rhythm patterns
- What are some ideas for passive income
- What is the truth behind supernatural forces
- Which guys prefer
- Is accredited by Governors State University
- Transmits EVDO data
- Can you finish the sentence "Faith"
- Shanxi Medical University is good
- Can menopause be reversed naturally
- What is human science
- How do you explain Santet
- Will Alabama ever get an NFL team?
- How fast can you learn to go game
- Why didn't Melania Trump do porn
- What leads to self-knowledge
- Are carburettors used in modern bicycles
- Can you drive over the speed limit
- Almost like many gods worship Hindus
- Who is the father of the modern novel
- What is a publicly traded instrument
- Why is my cat getting so wild
- Why don't you want central air conditioning