When will ISRO launch its space station
Indian space agency launches 'small' space station
The Indian space research organization ISRO is planning to launch a 'small' space station with a crew.
ISRO boss Dr. K Sivan announced on Thursday that India would not join the ISS. The ambitious project is an extension of the Gaganyaan mission, which aims to send an Indian crew into space in 2022.
"We have to maintain the Gaganyaan program. As a result, we are planning the space station as a long-term plan. We will join the international community in manned missions to the moon, asteroids. We have a clear plan for the space program," Sivan told local reporters.
RELATED: INDIA IS SHOOTING ITS OWN SATELLITE TO PROVE THE MILITARY FORCE
“We are planning a separate space station. We won't be part of the ISS. Our space station will be very small. We will be launching a small module that will be used to conduct zero gravity experiments, "he added.
Basis for experiments and observations
The 20-ton space station can support astronauts on extended missions into space. An orbiting space station provides a consistent basis for space-related experiments and observations.
India has confirmed that it will launch its first crewed mission in 2022.
"On the eve of the 75th anniversary of India's independence in 2022, ISRO decided to launch its first human mission into space. An exclusive special cell - the Gaganyaan National Advisory Council - was set up to oversee the planning and preparation of the mission." Union Minister of State for Atomic Energy and Space, Jitendra Singh, said.
Big missions with small budgets
Although the Indian space agency operates on much smaller budgets than its American and Chinese counterparts, it has launched several important missions around the world.
ISRO's first mission to the moon in 2008 was crucial in confirming the presence of water molecules on the moon.
In 2014, a successful mission to Mars cost $ 74 million around 514 billion rupees, just a tiny fraction of the $ 671 million that the US space agency NASA spent on a similar project.
There is currently only one functioning space station in lower earth orbit, the International Space Station ISS.
ISS can retire within a decade
The ISS is an on-going collaboration between the European Space Agency, United States NASA, Japan JAXA, Canada CSA, and Russia Roscosmos; crew arriving two years later.
The ISS could reach the end of its life within a decade, but there are no concrete plans to replace it. China has announced its intention to launch a space station and to say that this would welcome international cooperation.
- What is the science behind lying
- A last name is required for a visa
- Where can I find advanced C tutorials
- What is Insights Success Media Tech LLC
- Can someone make money by selling used clothing
- What does police conspiracy mean?
- Isn't Cuba basically the Bahamas
- Which software solutions offer real-time ETL
- How does France celebrate Halloween at school?
- What does the German word out mean
- Can IT students apply for the GATE
- How would I make kitschy works of art
- How can you not be a bitch
- Have an interesting neurosis
- How could you find a blogger blog
- What does Russia look like in today's Ethiopia
- What is a decent profit in business
- What kind of candles are romantic
- When were seat belts introduced?
- What are the characteristics of Edwardian literature
- What is modularization in Java
- Can a point divide two lines
- How do lawyers talk to guilty clients?
- Why is Jung still relevant