Has Sonny Rollins ever won a Grammy
As a world-class soloist, a renowned composer and band leader, Grammy-nominated saxophonist Chris Potter has succeeded in becoming one of the most famous figures of his jazz generation. The Down-Beat-Magazin described him as "... one of the most accomplished (and mostly copied) saxophonists in the world". And the readers of the magazine were of the same opinion, when they voted him in a reader survey in 2008, right after tenor saxophonist Sonny Rollins. Jazz icon Dave Liebmann called him, even more directly and to the point, "one of the best musicians there is."
He is not only a masterly talent for improvisation and the youngest musician ever to have ever won the Danish “Jazzpar Prize”, but also has an impressive discography of 15 albums and his participation in over 100 studio productions to date. For his solo work on the song "In Vogue", a piece on the album "Pink Elephant Magic" by Joanne Brackeen (1999), he was nominated for a Grammy. On Steely Dan's Grammy Award-winning album "Two Against Nature" (2000), he received special praise and praise.
During his career, Potter has worked with numerous great artists - such as Steely Dan, Jim Hall, Ray Brown, Kenny Werner and Herbie Hancock. He toured the world with the Dave Holland Quintet, the Overtone Quartet, the Mingus Big Band and most recently with the Pat Metheny Unity Group.
Potter's music exemplifies limitless creativity and a lively flair for swing. Critics, musicians and fans consider him one of the greatest saxophonists of our time. One of his most important projects, however, is his own jazz-funk group, Chris Potter’s Underground, with which he will also inspire the BIX and its guests today.
Occupation: Chris Potter (sax); Adam Rogers (guit); Company Ephron (b); Nate smith (dr)
More information at:http://www.chrispotter.net/
Tickets at the box office: each plus 2 euros
- When should I install a bird net?
- Can a foreigner take an MCI exam?
- How can I promote my Instagram page
- Cars are shipped in containers
- Gives VMC Diwali holiday
- Why isn't my face getting tanned?
- What is bad leadership
- Is Bing concerned about Google If so, why
- How did Instagram get 500,000 seed capital
- Will Daario meet Daenerys again as Euron
- What is T1 in a telephone network
- What is the definition of pseudoscientific
- Is Miami a walkable city
- Why don't we learn to learn
- How does the corporate culture affect customers?
- What is the difference between superconductors and semiconductors
- How does the heart make sounds?
- Does talent really matter in painting?
- How do asset managers calculate their clients
- Can I do intraday trading without a POA?
- What challenges do immortals face?
- Who is Sub-Lieutenant Shivangi
- Why do Kookaburras laugh out loud
- Can electric field lines touch