Fatigue is a side effect of antibiotics
What influence do antibiotics have on the body?
Antibiotics are a medicinal drug used against bacteria. They are used in various diseases caused by bacteria. These include, for example, respiratory infections, infected wounds, skin infections and bladder infections.
Antibiotics inhibit the metabolic processes in bacteria in order to either kill them or prevent them from multiplying. In this way, the immune system is supported in the fight against the infection.
There are different antibiotics that target the bacteria in different ways. Penicillin, for example, destroys the bacterial cell walls, while erythromycin prevents the bacteria from producing protein.
While the appropriate use of antibiotics can be very helpful and lifesaving in infections, their side effects can cause other health problems. Some side effects can be linked to serious medical conditions.
Diarrhea from antibiotics
In addition to killing the dangerous bacteria in the body, antibiotics also kill the good bacteria in the gut. This disrupts the balance between the good and bad bacteria in the gut. The result is often watery stools and diarrhea.
In order to restore the balance of intestinal bacteria, probiotics are very helpful. Examples of foods with a probiotic effect are yogurt, kefir and sauerkraut. These foods should be consumed on a daily basis.
Nausea and vomiting from antibiotics
Especially when taking the antibiotics penicillin and metronidazole, nausea and vomiting often occur. Symptoms usually come when the antibiotics kill some of the good gut bacteria.
To reduce nausea from taking antibiotics, probiotic yogurt and ginger tea are very helpful.
Vaginal yeast infections from antibiotics
There are different types of germs and Candida fungi on the skin and in the vagina. If the germs are in equilibrium, they are harmless to the body.
Taking antibiotics can upset the natural balance of these bacteria and increase the number of Candida fungi. This often leads to vaginal yeast infections.
Symptoms of a yeast infection include thick, white vaginal discharge and itching and burning in the vaginal area.
To prevent vaginal yeast infection, probiotic foods should be consumed daily. With a good intestinal flora, the vaginal flora is also improved, since the intestinal flora and the vaginal flora influence each other.
Weak immune system from antibiotics
About 80 percent of the body's immune system is located in the intestinal tract and is built up with the help of the good intestinal bacteria. Since the antibiotics cannot differentiate between the good and bad bacteria, the bacteria that strengthen the immune system are destroyed along with the dangerous bacteria.
The consequences are often a weak immune system, an increased susceptibility to infections, allergies, blemishes, constant fatigue and difficulty concentrating.
In order to support the body's defenses, probiotic foods and foods with antibiotic properties are very useful. These include ginger, oregano, grapefruit, turmeric, and garlic.
Impaired kidney function due to antibiotics
Certain antibiotics such as methicillin, vancomycin, sulfonamides, gentamicin, fluoroquinolones, gatifloxacin, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin and streptomycin have a negative impact on the kidneys.
As the kidneys remove waste products and help balance the levels of water, salt, and minerals in the blood, mild kidney damage can lead to serious problems.
If antibiotics are taken and swelling in the legs and feet, nausea and vomiting occurs, a doctor should be contacted.
Cystitis from antibiotics
When taking antibiotics, the beneficial bacteria that live near the urethra are also often destroyed. This makes it easier for the dangerous bacteria to enter the urinary tract and bladder and grow.
Recurring bladder infections are often an indication of a disturbed intestinal and vaginal flora.
Problems in the inner ear from antibiotics
All members of the aminoglycoside antibiotics can damage the inner ear. The drugs can enter the inner ear via the bloodstream or via diffusion from the middle ear and attack the nerve cells. The consequences can be hearing loss, dizziness, and tinnitus.
Antibiotics weaken the effect of the birth control pill The use of the antibiotic rifampin and rifampin-like drugs reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives.
Antibiotics, which are used to treat or prevent diseases such as tuberculosis and meningitis, can also make oral contraceptives less effective.
- Antibiotic side effects can vary from person to person.
- Antibiotics should not be taken without a doctor's prescription.
- The dosage of the antibiotic should be adjusted based on the problem.
- Leftover antibiotics should never be taken a second time. A different antibiotic is used depending on the offending bacteria.
- Not taking an antibiotic that has been prescribed for someone else. The bacteria in your body that cause the infection may be different from the bacteria that the antibiotic was prescribed for.
- In order to support the body's immune system, foods with a natural antibiotic effect can be integrated into the diet. These include ginger, honey, oregano, grapefruit, turmeric, and garlic.
Antibiotics are very helpful for many diseases. However, side effects should be considered when taking these drugs. It is also important to support the build-up of good intestinal bacteria during and after taking antibiotics. Foods rich in probiotics and nutrient-rich foods help rebuild the intestinal flora.
With the right tips
Often times, it's the small changes in life that make a big difference. We often regard constant tiredness, skin blemishes, restless sleep and digestive disorders as everyday and normal. Most health problems originate in the gut. The intestinal program is a guide to detoxifying the body and building an intact intestinal flora.
21 days of detoxification with natural foods: To the intestinal program
- What does 2FN
- What is suo moto
- Which router does Airtel provide free of charge
- What is the Kaveri River water dispute
- Have emotions a memory
- What are the different powers
- What are the benefits of a landfill
- Are energy rays possible
- Is pessimism learned or inherited
- Where are radial engines used in practice?
- How many Nigerians use WhatsApp
- Why did ISIS celebrate after Brexit
- How can I make my homework easier?
- When did blockchain become popular?
- Are punitive damages taxable
- How to choose good quality sunglasses
- What is a Chronovisor
- What animals are native to your country?
- Which is better between 5000mah and 4000mah
- What is a share 1
- How can I stop apologizing for everything?
- Why does a Rift Valley occur
- What is the name of a ship's compass
- Bad good energy can be transmitted