Why is NDT important
The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
1SONOTEC GmbH68, Halle, Germany
2MBQ Quality Assurance GmbH5, Hettstedt-Walbeck, Germany
Abstract: Digital networking has long since found its way into NDT. Industry 4.0 and the Internet of Things are central terms in most of the industry's strategy discussions. Nevertheless, it can be seen that the everyday life of an auditor is often far from the ideal situation discussed there. Using the example of ultrasonic testing of wheelset shafts, we will discuss the approach of linking digitization and databases with the actual day-to-day testing. Historically, wheelset shafts are checked for cracks and other defects at various angles using a conventional material A-scan test device. For this purpose, evaluation methods using specially made reference blocks and adjustment axes are used to help determine error sizes. When errors are found, handwritten documentation is used to record data, such as component-specific data, test conditions, adjustment settings, error size and position. Component identifications, testers, test devices, etc. must also be permanently documented. In order to optimize this entire workflow and to allow the documentation to flow directly into existing databases, the technical possibilities of today's A-scan devices must be adapted to the special applications and interfaces. Fast digital reading via RFID can be used for component recognition. Probes and the associated parameters, including the entire device setup and the test context, can also be loaded digitally in this way. The direct connection to the corresponding databases can be made via a wireless WIFI or Bluetooth connection. It is important here to make the interfaces to the databases as flexible as possible and to provide assistance to the auditor via software support on the device. A flow of information from the historical data already available about the test object to the tester via the database device connection is also conceivable. For example, it is possible to directly observe registered errors while the test process is running.
Keywords: railway (291),
*Keywords are freely formed keywords from the authors and thus you may Search also for similar terms.
Post your feedback
- Why don't people live forever
- What is the point of expressionist music
- What kind of music do women usually listen to?
- EBay is viewed as a black market
- What is the real name of Lizzo?
- Why would anyone have worms as pets?
- Normal swelling after varicoceles surgery
- How loud is the thunder 1
- What is Barton's break
- How do you explain Santet
- Who would win Sauron or Ganondorf 2?
- Did Neville's parents ever recover
- Can Design Thinking reshape higher education
- Which woods don't have very little grain
- How can young people earn pocket money
- How is the relationship between OSS CIA
- How do I install AOL Gold
- What's stronger than Kevlar
- What are the areas of MIS
- How many Westfields are there in Australia
- Do fish ever sit
- How do prison riots usually occur?
- Why is there a human rights commission
- What is the best superfood supplement
- Why is Xanax prescribed
- Why wasn't Pluto considered a planet
- Why is infidelity so high in marriage?
- What does a doctype do
- Amazon throttles sales for sellers
- What is umbrella branding
- Is it profitable to drive a taxi in Goa
- What started language
- Cigarettes marijuana which one is worse
- What is the postcode number of Jamaica