A last name is required for a visa
With the acquisition of the legal status of a German, German law becomes decisive for your name. The name as such does not change as a result.
The German naming law is comprehensively and generally conclusively regulated by civil law. It contains numerous name explanation and name determination options (for example, married name determination), but also draws limits.
Displaced persons and ethnic German repatriates, their spouses and descendants who have acquired the legal status of German can submit a name declaration
- Discard elements of the name that are not provided for in German naming law (for example "father's name"),
- take on the original form of a name modified according to gender or family relationship (for example, remove the feminine ending "-ova"),
- adopt a German-language form of the family name (for example adapt the spelling of the name originally written in Cyrillic letters and transliterated into Latin letters to the German pronunciation - assuming completely different names, such as the mother's maiden name, is not permitted),
- adopt a German-language form of the first name (for example "Karl" instead of "Karol") - if there is no such form of the first name, new first names can be accepted,
- in the case of the use of a common family name by spouses, determine a married name in accordance with the German Civil Code and prefix or add an accompanying name by means of a declaration,
- accept the surname in a German translation if the translation results in a surname that is suitable in the German-speaking area.
You can submit the name declaration during the registration and distribution procedure at the initial reception facility of the Federal Administration Office (BVA) in Friedland. Such a declaration does not incur any costs.
After completing the registration and distribution process, you can submit a name declaration to the registrar of the registry office responsible for your place of residence. No fees or expenses are charged for certification or certification. The certificate of name change is also free of charge if it is issued in connection with the receipt of the declaration. Otherwise the registry office charges a fee of 10 euros.
Danger: A name declaration can only be validly submitted once. Therefore, before submitting the name declaration, think carefully about the form in which you want to use your name in Germany. Coordinate with those relatives who have the same name so that the name remains as uniform as possible within the extended family.
Note: The possibilities of declaring names are considered sufficient to enable ethnic repatriates and their relatives to adapt their names to the new environment.
Further adjustments due to a name change under public law in accordance with the Name Change Act, such as the adoption of a completely different name, are generally out of the question.
The registry office is responsible for receiving the declaration. If there is no birth register or no marriage register, the registry office is responsible for receiving the name declaration. Otherwise, the registry office that keeps the birth register or, in the case of a declaration in connection with the naming of spouses, the registry office that keeps the marriage register.
If certificates are required later (e.g. for a marriage), a certified printout from the birth register can replace the translated birth certificate from your country of origin.
- What is the Dutch word for water
- What is lemon quartz
- Resist every sin from the authority of God
- How can planets catch asteroids
- What are the different human systems
- How can you become socially intelligent
- Are sweets as addicting as tobacco
- How often do you check Quora
- What is the importance of the eating competition
- What is reverse thinking in business
- What is stationary heat pipe
- Europe still has a class system
- How good is universal flawless physics
- How is parapsychology a science
- Why was Marilyn Monroe controversial
- What are the basics of type theory
- What types of forest ecosystems are there
- Who are the best musicians of 2015
- How do I pass series 6
- Islam prohibits hair transplantation
- What makes a nurse so special
- How do you say in Portuguese?
- Is a bullet train required for India
- Graphite can be radioactive
- When do we long for approval
- What are feet
- What do Christian mystics believe
- What is a compressor condenser
- Why do we need liberalism and conservatism
- How is electrical potential found
- Teaches a fulfilling career
- Communion is compulsory in the Maronite Catholic service
- What is a farmer loan