CSE BITs Hyderabad versus IIT Dhanbad
Handbook on the design of digital and networked working environments
This interdisciplinary handbook is aimed at everyone who wants to better understand and actively shape the digital change that is being discussed in connection with the fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0) in companies, administrations and society. The contributions illustrate the perspectives of different disciplines or interest groups on the consequences of digitization in working life for people, organizations and society. The work bridges the gap between current research results and practical implementation tips. The focus is on three questions about the digitization of working life, namelyat what orientate yourself in the design, howthe transformation will be designed andon whatdigitization can have an impact. Sample topics from these 3 areas:
1. Design criteria:
- safe and health-promoting design of the digital working world
- labor law aspects
- psychological work design in digital work environments
2. Manner of change from analog to digital working environments:
- Opportunities for health-oriented work design through body-hugging and wearable sensors
- new distribution of tasks through collaborative robots
- Design processes within the framework of codetermination through proactive corporate interest representation
- Effects on employment structures and private life
- Opportunities for inclusion of the elderly or people with disabilities
Users and developers of digital technologies, executives, HR managers and decision-makers in companies, associations and politics
To the editors
Prof. Dr. Günter W. Maier heads the chair for work and organizational psychology at Bielefeld University.Prof. Dr. Gregor Engels heads the chair for databases and information systems at the University of Paderborn.Prof. Dr. Eckhard Steffen is managing director of the PACE (Paderborn Center for Advanced Studies) and heads the working group for "Discrete Mathematics / Graph Theory" at the University of Paderborn.
- Günter W. Maier
- Gregor Engels
- Eckhard Steffen
- 1st work unit Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Department of Psychology & Research Institute for Cognition and Robotics (CoR-Lab) Bielefeld University, Bielefeld, Germany
- 2. University of PaderbornPaderbornGermany
- 3.University of PaderbornPaderbornGermany
About the editors
To the editors
Prof. Dr. Günter W. Maier Heads the Chair for Work and Organizational Psychology at the Faculty of Psychology and Sports Science at Bielefeld University. He is the deputy spokesman for the NRW Research College "Design of flexible working environments - human-centered use of cyber-physical systems in Industry 4.0" and the NRW research focus "Digital Future". He coordinates the topic "Technology and Society" at the CoR-Lab of Bielefeld University, a leading transdisciplinary competence center for application-oriented basic research and industrial innovation transfer in the areas of cognition and robotics.
Prof. Dr. Gregor Engels heads the chair for databases and information systems at the Institute for Computer Science at the University of Paderborn. He is CEO of the Software Innovation Lab in the Software Innovation Campus Paderborn (SICP), the central technology transfer facility of the University of Paderborn for software-driven innovations. He is the spokesman for the NRW research college "Design of flexible working environments - human-centered use of cyber-physical systems in Industry 4.0" and the NRW research focus "Digital Future".
Prof. Dr. Eckhard Steffen is managing director of the PACE (Paderborn Center for Advanced Studies) and heads the working group for "Discrete Mathematics / Graph Theory" at the Institute for Mathematics at the University of Paderborn. He coordinates the NRW research college "Design of flexible working environments - human-centered use of cyber-physical systems in Industry 4.0" and is a member of the NRW research focus "Digital Future".
- Is HostGator good for Android app hosting
- Why can't roads be privatized?
- What is Barton's break
- What is Bill Gates doing
- What's the best Jaws movie
- Cancer is genetic
- How can I get more correct
- Define nuclear chain reaction
- How many Syrians have left their country
- Why has Bobby Deol's popularity decreased
- Are political donations publicly known
- Should you buy used golf clubs
- What do most doctors do wrong
- What do horses eat in the wild
- What does a rehoming fee mean
- What's the Best iPad Sketchbook App
- Should I contact my ex
- Who first came up with the term time travel?
- How can we integrate MySQL into RocksDB
- Can you learn dark magic
- Is it bad to eat coffee powder?
- Should I study physics or applied chemistry?
- How can you get internet while driving?
- How does a microwave work