Roundup is owned by Monsanto
Glyphosate is the most widely used herbicidal active ingredient in the world. The poison is therefore not only used in agriculture, but also in the private sector and is freely available in practically every hardware store.
According to the Umweltinstitut München e.V., 105 weedkillers containing glyphosate are now approved on the market. 51 of them for the house and allotment garden area. One of them is Roundup, a product manufactured by Monsanto, with which the group made two billion dollars in sales in 2010. In total, around one million tons of glyphosate were sold in the same year. The trend is rising, say environmental experts. Last year it was 1.35 million tons. Through the free sale, the poison gets into the hands of hobby gardeners, who are often not even aware of the extent to which they can use the product - some areas are strictly prohibited by law. For example, in garage door entrances or on sidewalks, but also not in the immediate vicinity of water. Anyone who does not adhere to the regulations in the Plant Protection Act risks hefty fines: fines of up to 50,000 euros are imposed. According to the Federal Ministry of Consumer Protection, around 90 percent of allotment gardeners and around 73 percent of home gardeners use pesticides, which is around 40 tons per year. However, glyphosate is mainly used in agriculture.
According to judgment for cancer patients: Monsanto goes to the next instance
In 2011, researchers at the University of Göttingen found out that more than 5,000 tons of the active ingredient are applied in Germany every year. It is sprayed on 40 percent of the nationwide agricultural areas. Areas of rapeseed with 87.2 percent, grain legumes, for example peas and beans, with 72.1 percent and winter barley with 65.9 percent are treated with glyphosate.
- Are connected boredom and disgust
- Why is the caste system bad
- Who are the regulators in the market
- Hindered is an offensive word
- Why is my website not ranking
- What is rectifier 1
- How chordophones create sound
- How to make liquid fuel from plastics
- Loese 2 x 2 3 3
- Is it Safe to Trade Forex Online?
- Why are some TED moderators so cheesy
- What Are Some Really Weird Comfort Foods
- What are the benefits of Triphala
- How can I improve my website keyword
- Adjusts physical punishment to match human behavior
- What is a precious coral
- How do restaurants make money 1
- Teachers are allowed to be biased
- Humans evolved from bonobos
- Is lactose harmful?
- Which apps are using the battery over time?
- What does error 520
- What's bad about logging
- Are people specialists or generalists by nature