What is iterative
Part of speech: adjectiveIncreases:
- positive iterative, Comparative —, Superlative —
- ite | ra | tiv, No increase
- IPA: [ˌIteʀaˈtiːf]
- 1) Mathematics, computer science: gradually approaching the solution
- 2) Linguistics, especially semantics: Property of a class of verbs that designate a repetitive phenomenon
- 3) Linguistics, especially word formation: Property of words that consist of repetitive elements
- from Latiniterativus, see also "iterate"
- 1) gradually
- 1) recursive
- 1) The problem can only be iterative to solve.
- 2) Verbs with a iterative Aspect of meaning in German would be “ailing”, “poking”, “dancing”.
- 3) "He differentiates between the following semantic functions:"iterative Function «(especially with onomatopoeia), ... and» intensive-iterative Function" (…)."
- 1) algorithm
- 1) iteration
- 1) Iterative, iterative formation
- English: 1) iterative
- French: 1) iterative
- Greek (new): 2) επαναλαμβανόμενος (epanalamvanómenos)
- Italian: iterativo
- Swedish: iterative
- Czech: 1) iterační
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Consol Consulting has published a guide with ten steps to digital transformation. One is recommended iterative Approach.“
Computer Week, October 25, 2018
„He then specified his statement and said that the iterative Console upgrades, i.e. the PlayStation 4 Pro and the Xbox One X, would have broken the traditional console cycle.“
4Players, November 22, 2018
„Because: The greatest success is achieved when the digital transformation takes place as a holistic, iterative Process is understood that is continuously evaluated and adapted - as a wheel that turns dynamically.“
t3n, October 08, 2018
„Through our iterative Right from the start, it was important for us to have our Economics unit under control and to focus very strongly.“
German startups, April 14, 2021
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Grammar / Declinations
Inflection iterative - The declension of the adjective iterative
|Masculine||the iterative||of the iterative||the iterative||the iterative|
|Feminine||the iterative||the iterative||the iterative||the iterative|
|neuter||the iterative||of the iterative||the iterative||the iterative|
|Plural||the iterative||the iterative||the iterative||the iterative|
|Masculine||an iterative one||an iterative||an iterative||an iterative|
|Feminine||an iterative||an iterative||an iterative||an iterative|
|neuter||an iterative||an iterative||an iterative||an iterative|
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- repeating (continuously)
- endlessly repeating
- constantly repeating
- like a prayer wheel: mostly derogatory: always repeating in the same way endlessly
- sounding the same
- always recurring
- in unending consonance
- in never-ending stereotype
- mantra-like (coll.)
- monotonous: monotonous, monotonous, boring; Mathematics, of functions or sequences of numbers: constantly increasing or constantly decreasing
- ostinato (music) (ital.)
- penetrating: incessantly disturbing; intrusive, annoying; pejorative: (excessively) pervasive; very strong and uncomfortable
- repetitive: repetitive
- constantly: always during, or at least over a long period of time; repetitive, uninterrupted
- incessantly: not releasing, without interruption
- incessantly: without interruptions and never foreshadowing an end
- repeating (itself) periodically
- cyclical: regularly recurring, repetitive; circular, circular; a series of thematically related works of art; In technical terms, cyclical compounds: organic molecules with atoms arranged in a circle
Another word (synonym) for iterative - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "iterative":
chodit: chodit (Czech) Part of speech: Verb, intransitive Note: Iterative form of the verb jít Hyphenation: cho | dit Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈxɔɟɪt]…
Iterative: Iterativum (German) part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular the iterative; Plural the iterative genitive: singular of the iterative; Majority of iteratives ...
iterate:… 3) Lists in Java can be iterated Derived words: Iteration, iterative Translations Basque: iteratu, erhpikatu English: iterate Swedish:…
iteration:… Underline. “Derived words: 1) Iteration step, iteration method, iterative Translations Arabic: تكرار English: iteration French:…
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Iterative" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (22.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/iterativ/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "iterative" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
iterative (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: ite | ra | ti | ve Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌiteʁaˈtiːvə]…
iterative (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: ite | ra | ti | vem Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌiteʁaˈtiːvm̩]…
iterative (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: ite | ra | ti | ven Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌiteʁaˈtiːvn̩]…
iterative (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: ite | ra | ti | ver Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌiteʁaˈtiːvɐ]…
iterative (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: ite | ra | ti | ves Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌiteʁaˈtiːvəs]…
iterb (Polish) Part of speech: noun, (male) Hyphenation: i | terb, no plural Pronunciation / emphasis: IPA:…
iterbem (Polish) Part of Speech: Declined Form Grammatical Features: Instrumental singular of the noun iterb
iterbie (Polish) Part of speech: Declined form Grammatical features: Locative singular of the noun iterb Vokative singular des…
iterbio (Spanish) Part of speech: noun, (masculine) Other spellings: yterbio Hyphenation: i | ter | bio, none ...
iterbis (Lithuanian) Part of speech: noun, (male) Word meaning / Definition: 1) Ytterbium Translations German: 1)…
iterbowi (Polish) Part of Speech: Declined form Grammatical characteristics: Dative singular of the noun iterb
- When was ethics invented?
- Who is the most overrated rock musician
- Does the UK have an independent judiciary?
- Will the adoption of Vue increase in 2020
- Is it a job to be a mother?
- How do you make business processes visual
- Has thermal science in Germany scope of application
- Unsure what to do, someone can help
- What is the origin of the Alexander Technique
- What is an NSF fee
- What if i'm pregnant
- Which is python
- What is the best RPG game you own
- How do I overcome fear permanently
- Can someone correct the time of birth?
- Uses YouTube Google's servers
- How is motherhood
- How can I hack Mobile Strike
- What kind of cameras develop images instantly
- What do bamboo seeds look like
- Can we access any computer via SSH?
- What are the units to measure pain
- What are the best free Instagram tools
- What should a student not do in Dunedin