Weeds How does marijuana affect daydreaming?
Surprise & excl; Smoking affects your unborn baby's brain cells
Was there anyone assuming that inhaling a bunch of smoke or chowing down on weed-laced brownies that wouldn't affect your own brain altering your fetus in any way?
But in case your bong just now gets loaded up by a hardcore wave of morning sickness, watch out! How The Huffington Post reports, a new study focused on mice and human tissue shows that marijuana could disrupt the way your baby's brain cells are wired.
Researchers found that THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, disrupts the formation of connections between nerve cells in the cerebral cortex. The cerebral cortex is key in that it is responsible for higher order thinking and forming memories. Ever noticed how someone who smokes a lot of weeds seems a little spacey? Yes, that's THC talking about.
Although using marijuana during pregnancy doesn't seem like a breeze, more women seem to be involved. Yasmin Hurd, a neuroscientist at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, told LiveScience that increasing numbers of women of childbearing age are using marijuana, and that group should be made aware of the possible brain development effects of their children.
The study's lead researcher, neuroscientist Tibor Harkany, advises pregnant marijuana to avoid, as the effects of prenatal exposure could well into adulthood. Harkany says no studies have so far compared the effects of marijuana, to that of other drugs, such as alcohol, on fetal brain development.
So now you know. Say no to drugs. At least as long as you create life.
Read more from Monica and her husband Serge on Babble:
- It is time! Birth control pill for men on the horizon
- A dad 12 greatest delivery room moments
- Pregnancy and Beyond: The 4th Trimester Body Project (Photos)
14 possibilities & comma; Children affects your relationship
7 Ways Alcohol Affects Your Health
How Unplanned Pregnancy Affects Your Partner - What I Wish I knew about
Affects your baby's brain & comma; argue & comma; even when you least expect it
Your diet affects your grandchildren's DNA & comma; Scientists say
Your child's name affects their future more than you might think
6 Ways Working From Home Affects Your Marriage
9 Ways Prince William Engagement Will Affect Your Pregnancy
5 strange ways cold is affecting your psyche
Mother of the Year sells designate rights to her unborn child for & dollar; 5 & period; 000
A simple prenatal test asks the question & colon; How much do you want to know & comma; about your unborn child & quest;
5 Surprising Ways Bacteria Affect Your Baby's Birth
Pat Robertson says & comma; that demons can curse your unborn child through Facebook
Does your microwave harm your unborn child & quest;
- How is life at UT Dallas
- How do I find commercials
- Now the president is being charged
- How can I get out of the drama
- How do I prevent GI pipe corrosion
- Wine doesn't go well in the fridge
- What is the cabaret of the 1966 musical about?
- What is the story behind BTS Butterfly
- Postpartum dizziness is normal
- Buy European Indian cars
- How did Instagram get 500,000 seed capital
- What is the balance of forces
- How do LED light bulbs work
- What does married mean
- Was Jesus through sin
- Will the Independent Party ever be resurrected?
- The Kindle screen disappears
- Why do some green eyes look blue
- How are stop-motion films produced
- What are some jobs of the future
- What is a cosmetic
- What is the value of sin 75
- Do you prefer major or minor keys
- What things are harmful to the creation of God