Is it good for you to eat clay?
Pregnancy cravings and their meanings
What are pregnancy cravings?
Changed eating habits or the appetite for the unusual, like the occasional nausea, were side effects of pregnancy. Suddenly, as a pregnant woman, you get an appetite for things that you weren't really interested in before. Doctors assume that a nutrient deficiency is responsible for this. With a child in the stomach, the need for minerals, vitamins and other nutrients increases. This assumption has not been scientifically proven. What is certain is that the need for calories during pregnancy increases by up to 25%.
Pregnancy cravings are individual
With expectant mothers, the hormones ride a roller coaster. This also changes the sense of taste and smell and stimulates the appetite for liquorice, cakes, fatty dishes or other more or less healthy foods. Then maybe dishes that are more “extraordinary” in their combination, for example sweet with sour or salty, also taste good.
Pregnancy cravings are particularly common in the first two trimesters. Various study results suggest that women are more prone to food cravings if they suffer from nausea and vomiting frequently in the early stages of their pregnancy. It is pure superstition that conclusions can be drawn about the sex of the baby from the types of food cravings.
In far more than half of expectant mothers, the physical change leads to food cravings. Other women, on the other hand, are hardly or not at all affected by such symptoms.
Some mothers report cravings that did not arise until after the birth and that accompanied them throughout the entire period of breastfeeding. Pregnancy cravings are as individual as you are. When they occur, how strong they develop or what you suddenly feel like, cannot be predicted.
- How do I control myself?
- Can caffeine trigger migraines
- Why do people own so many phones
- Does the earth have a consciousness
- How can I extract NES music
- Should we replace disposable paper
- What are different forms of work ethic
- Get brave through experience
- Why is PUBG banning 10 million players
- Can Cabo Verde join the European Union
- What are the best-selling motivational books
- A crocodile is bigger than a hippopotamus
- What is the significance of a fixed deposit
- Why did you stop exercising?
- How do we polarize light
- Why does chronic depression cause physical fatigue
- How can I cum like a porn star
- What is IPC
- Heating system with gas safety certificate London
- How do I arrange a cumeating party
- Is an operating system superior to compilers
- Why don't we just ban climate change
- What is suo moto
- Can planes stay in the sky?