How can I improve my fantasy writing?
Improve your writing style, thanks?
There is no such thing as a fantasy style and you make a story your own through your style.
But in order to adapt to the expectations of your readers, it would certainly be good to read a lot in your genre. But above all, to identify your subgenre and analyze the characteristics, if that is important to you.
Hardly any fantasy epic à la "The Lord of the Rings" is written in the first person. Youth and urban fantasy, on the other hand, makes regular use of it. Epics are more ornate, related to history and legends, with many descriptions, while what I call UrbanFantasy or even contemporary fantasy rather dives into the lives of teenagers or young adults, is fast-moving and deals more with inner life and emotional chaos.
While some writers excel over sarcastic storytellers, others put more emphasis on the actual plot. That's the way it is. There are readers for both and there are writers for both - choose what suits you better;)
In any case, you will only improve yourself through practice and also through feedback from readers and other authors. For the dramaturgy of the story, however, it can do no harm to deal with the theory of tension arcs, structure and characterization. Contrary to popular belief, however, you do not need to invest in expensive material or expensive courses, you can find a lot online.
I'll leave you a few links:
- What is TRF in the IELTS
- How does a bicycle commute in Austin
- What better app than YouTube
- More wood is burned than coal
- Is it immoral to raise children vegan?
- What's your favorite Star Wars novel
- What is the App Annies Technology Stack
- What is the condition of Hawkins Simon
- Virginia Tech accepts the ACT
- Do you ever suffer from ego exhaustion
- Society chooses our lifestyle
- How can my feet get smoother
- What is lemon quartz
- The IDF is a terrorist
- How do you say bravo in German?
- Why has ICQ lost its shine
- Why are pop tarts bad for you
- What is UCLA Abbreviation or Acronyms 1
- Is power sharing desirable in a democracy
- Might beat up Spider Woman Spider Man
- Why is 5g so fast
- How do you keep customers loyal
- The earth shines like the moon
- Is the Starbucks mug microwaveable?