Will Hindi become extinct in the future
Indian English Hinglish - Singh is King
The influence of Indian languages on the English language has produced some interesting results. Here are some examples of Indian English coined by Hindi:
1. Where are you putting up?
The Indian way of asking where do you live / do you live?
2. I belong to Delhi.
Not “I live / live in Delhi” but “I come from / am from”. So, born in Delhi.
3. Myself, Hemant.
Hemant introduces himself.
4. What is your good name?
Kindly ask for the name. Has nothing to do with good or bad name, but with the literal translation from Hindi. The question is: "Aap ka shubh naam kya hai" (subh naam = good name)
5. It's like that only.
Means roughly: "It's just the way it is."
6. This is my real brother.
Everyone is a brother in India! To differentiate, say “real brother” when it comes to the real brother.
7. We are shifting.
8. She is foreign-returned.
For a person who has returned from abroad.
9. Do one thing.
It's about a specific task. This expression is also a direct translation from Hindi: "Ek kaam kijiye hamara ..." It translates as: Do something. This term is used in advice or calls.
10. He is first-class first.
Parents praise their son's academic dignity.
11. Out of station
I'm on the go or out of town.
12. Cent per cent done. Ok boss.
Hinglish means one hundred percent. So if you say that in an email to your supervisor, you mean, for some reason, that you have finished your job.
13. He passed out of college in 1997.
It's not about fainting, maybe through fainting. Instead, it means graduating from college.
14. Do the needful.
Archaic language at its best, this is one of the most common Hinglish phrases to use to end an official email.
These are well-known phrases in Indian English / Hinglish from everyday usage. There is actually no single source to which they can be attributed, as they are common and common.
- What are dissertation topics in strategic management
- What is closed on Columbus Day
- Why do people wear smart devices
- How do you sell telecommunications
- What are the best treatments for bunions
- What should we invest in 2016?
- How powerful is Sakura
- How do I learn to hack for free
- What are some good jokes about income inequality
- How can I stop putting myself first
- What is audio playback
- Does the moon have any commercial value?
- How do I solve anagrams manually
- Am I used by my friends
- What is Nintendo's strategy
- How trustworthy is the Facebook marketplace
- Where is mainly the Kerberos protocol used
- What is the story behind BTS Butterfly
- Which is the best electric motorcycle company
- Offers BITS Pilani a minor in physics
- What were your favorite college assignments?
- How do I divide my laundry
- Firstnaukri com and Naukri com are the same
- What are the best restaurants in Aligarh
- How much sarkariresult com earn
- What are the best code analysis tools
- Why do quarterbacks wear towels
- Why is art theory necessary
- INTP ever want kids
- How did you become an amateur blogger
- How do I add a redirect in cPanel
- How do debt and equity securities differ?
- Life is hard in Manhattan
- When will my ex-boyfriend get in touch