What is the best food for smokers 1
The first days as a non-smoker: Tip 7: Eat a healthy diet
Written by Wiebke Posmyk • Medical editor
Our content is based on well-founded scientific sources that reflect the currently recognized state of medical knowledge. We work closely with medical experts.Learn more
Many new non-smokers eat too much and wrongly, so that after a few weeks the scales suddenly show a higher weight. There is a simple reason for this: Smoking suppresses the appetite and makes you feel full. Without a cigarette, you have more appetite and may eat more as a result. Many ex-smokers also use sweets as a substitute for cigarettes. Since your body's metabolism has to get used to a life without a cigarette, the body burns a little fewer calories at first. However, that doesn't have to mean that you necessarily gain weight: If you watch your diet and exercise a lot, you will be able to maintain your weight. And if you do get a few extra pounds, it is important that you yourself not unnecessarily under pressure put. Perhaps you think about beforehand that you would be happy to put on a temporary small weight gain in order to stay smoke-free permanently!
Therefore, especially in the first 100 days, make sure that you eat healthy and varied. You don't need to count calories, but eat salad instead of meat more often, eat an apple instead of a chocolate bar. Warning: fructose makes you fat even faster than conventional, even if the advertising promises otherwise.
Tip 8: Perceive and appreciate feelings
Many former smokers are not prepared to forego the effects that the drug nicotine has on the brain with the cigarette. Remember that one of the reasons you became addicted to cigarettes is because the nicotine regulated your emotions. Above all, unpleasant feelings such as anger, sadness or fear were dampened by cigarettes and the increased release of neurotransmitters. A cigarette may make beautiful things even more beautiful.
Without the regulation of nicotine, you are now more directly exposed to your feelings. This is unusual at the beginning. Over time, however, you will find that your experience without tobacco will be richer and more beautiful than in the smoke-fogged times.
- Do you love Madurai Why
- Her 2013 film Did Siri Inspire Her
- Is mindfulness judgmental
- What's the best dinner in Brooklyn
- What was the biggest cyber attack ever
- What food tastes best eaten outdoors
- Who are the best contemporary moral philosophers
- What are UX research methods
- Who are Yoda's parents
- Why are trains honking
- Who actually controls the money
- Have a personal trainer
- How do you say keen in Mandarin
- What is the best natural lip gloss
- Helps others find meaning in life
- Can I take hotel amenities with me?
- Which books have INTJ main characters?
- How does cloud cryptocurrency mining work
- Can you still carry a gun?
- Is wearing silk dresses still in vogue?
- How is an MBA from Nalsar University
- Eats pizza nutritiously
- Do you think she's talented?
- What are no follow backlinks