What is the state flag of Louisiana
USA - State of Louisiana
(150 x 90 cm)
Flag of Louisiana(from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
The Flag of the US state of Louisiana was introduced in 1912.
The flag shows a white pelican and its three cubs in a nest below it on a blue background. The parent animal spreads its wings over the nest and nourishes the young with its blood, symbolized by three red drops on its left breast.
Under the nest is a white banner with the state's motto in blue:
"Union Justice and Confidence"
"Unity, Justice and Confidence"
The pelican is a Christian symbol of the self-sacrifice of Jesus of Nazareth. In Thomas Aquinas it says in Adoro te submissive:
"Like the pelican you died, Jesus mine"
Also, it is one of the nicknames of the state of Louisiana "Pelican State" (Pelican State).
Unofficial flag dated January 1861
CSA flag dated February 1861
- The Flag Institute (Ed.): National flags of the world. Hamburg: Edition Maritim, 2000. ISBN 3-89225-402-8
- Karl-Heinz Hesmer: Flags and coat of arms of the world. History and symbolism of the flags and coats of arms of all states. Gütersloh: Bertelsmann Lexikon Verlag, 1992. ISBN 3-570-01082-1
This article is based on the article Flag of Louisiana from the free encyclopedia Wikipedia and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. A list of the authors is available on Wikipedia.
- The movie Bigil is a commercial hit
- How can I stay full longer?
- The Corvette is viewed as a supercar
- Adjusts physical punishment to match human behavior
- Link free Photoshop
- What are the best rosewood hotels
- Is Dreamliner bigger than 777
- Is Megadeth overrated
- Is tights flammable
- What is a cardio fitness level
- What birds still sing at night
- Who comes first, customers, shareholders or employees
- How Region Proposal Networks RPNs work
- Is Eugenio Leo a common Italian name
- What is the difference between Meloxicam and Vicodin
- What is the Irish name for Mary
- How do polar bears protect themselves
- Would the privatization of education increase GDP?
- What was the starting strategy of OkCupids
- Who are the top bloggers
- What is the melting point of Pyrex
- Is jojoba oil good for your skin
- Who was Steve Jobs' mentor
- Can someone have just 1 mental disorder