Sentences What does it mean to bite your feet
Did the dog bite me or my foot?
A regularly asked question is whether you can get someoneen or someoneem pulling the hair, patting the shoulder, stabbing the hand, stepping on the foot, biting the calf, etc.
I would be interested in whether you say: “The dog bit me in the foot” or “The dog bit me in the foot”?
Good afternoon L.,
both formulations are correct:
The dog is biting my foot.
The dog is biting my foot.
In constructions with a verb that expresses a touch in a broader sense, and a body part that indicates the place of contact as an adverbial definition, both the dative and the accusative can often be used. For example:
He pulled my / me hair.
The wasp stung him / her in the hand.
He patted his / her friend on the shoulder.
Did you cut your finger?
She kicked her / her shin.
If you use the accusative, is me the accusative object to bite. If you use the dative case, is me a dative, which indicates to whose "disadvantage" the biting in the foot happens resp. whose foot is being bitten. It's a dative like the one used when having a son his father scratches the car, the cat her mistress scratched the sofa or a girl the little brother secretly pours salt into the syrup.
As so often, I have to warn against seeing this as a strict rule. For example, express the verbs kiss and stroke a touch, the target of which can be a part of the body. Nevertheless, almost only the accusative or the dative case is used for them:
She kissed his cheek.
She stroked his cheek.
As the weather allows it again, I'll have another glass in the open air - and be careful not to stab a wasp in the mouth.
With best regards
- How does a salon remove acrylic nails?
- What is the chemical name of OsO4
- Why do reed diffusers stop working
- What is the symmetry of the physical constants
- Can Cabo Verde join the European Union
- How can I start studying Artificial Intelligence?
- What do Bolivians think of Evo Morales
- Where do VJTI MCA alumni currently work
- Justice has dissolved in today's society
- Who are the regulators in the market
- Which films can be considered timeless classics
- What is human science
- How often do men replace their undershirts
- Why does Jesus exist
- How do you find the maximum differentiation
- Will explain baseball catcher signals to someone
- There are taxi services for children
- Slower RAM is much cheaper
- Do you like it when men wear bras?
- Strokes can cause nerve damage
- Why does wool insulate when cotton doesn't
- Why are no federal judges elected?
- EBay is viewed as a black market
- What are the different animal cells
- What are some of the key features of AppsFlyers
- What is Apache Flink used for?
- Who invented the postcards?
- When will altcoins restore their BTC value
- How do I download high quality music
- How does BranchOut affect LinkedIn?
- How do we simplify 1 243 5
- How do foreigners see Cambodia
- What is the structure of butanoic acid